Chapter 11 - Sophie

A/n: So, I realize that this book is mostly Sophie or Annabeth PoV, but that's because they're the most important characters. Because of that, most of my focus is on them, so instead of doing another different PoV, I decided to go back to Sophie. Sorry of you were hoping for someone new, but if you want me to do a specific character, tel me and I'll try. Anyways, this happens near when the last chapter ended.

PoV: Sophie

 "Alright, you now know the alphabet, common words and sentences, can understand English, and you can figure out how to make your own phrases. I consider that a win." Sophie gave a run down of what she's accomplished with Keefe after school. They were sitting by Calla's Panacakes tree while Sophie taught him English.

 " You know, Foster. " Keefe spoke up, using English which actually made Sophie feel somewhat proud, "If it weren't for my amazing memory, you probably wouldn't have taught me anything."

 " Which is why I taught you first. " I exclaimed, putting the books I'd found in the school library in a pile, "I knew the easiest would be you or Fitz, since he already knows some..." I trailed off , thinking about how I would eventually have to teach Fitz English. I wasn't looking forward to it.

 "Seriously, Foster, chill out! Nothing bad is gonna happen if you teach Fitz english!"

 " He could yell at me when he fails. " I pointed out, causing Keefe to laugh, "What?"

 " I'm sorry, it's just that, you're implying that Fitz, the Wonder Boy, will fail at learning to speak english? "

 "Yes. Without a photographic memory, learning English might be difficult, especially since his only motivation is finding his brother."

 Keefe shrugged, "I guess you're right. Which for some reason reminds me," he leaned back against the tree and put his hands together like a movie villain would, a mischievous smirk plastered on his face, "Tell me, how does Annabeth know we're elves?"

 I sighed, "It's a long story. "

 "We've got time."

 I sighed again and pulled out an eyelash, "Well, it started when I asked Biana for help after lunch."

 " I noticed that. What'd you need her for? "

I pulled back the hood of my jacket that I'd been wearing ever since P.E. with the knowledge that my hair wouldn't hide the burns forever. As soon as I pulled my hair away, Keefe's eyes widened and his smile fell. He's sat straight up and leaned closer to see it better. "How's you...?" He couldn't finish his sentence, so I just answered.

"The Neverseen somehow figured out we're in New York."

Keefe 's eyes went from being filled with concern to overdosing with anger. I didn't need to be an Empath to feel how much rage was burning in him at the thought. "What did they do?" He somehow asked calmly.

" It was just Fintan. He'd shown up looking for someone, else, but heard my name over the loudspeaker and took advantage of it. When I asked Biana to help me hide them-"

"THEM?!?" Keefe looked a lot like Grady when I'd ridden the flaredon to collect everblaze back when I was twelve.

" Keefe, calm down! " I exclaimed, putting my hands on his shoulders. "I'm fine. You don't need to worry about them hurting me, okay? I'm fine."

Keefe took a few deep breaths before looking back at me and giving a small smile, "You're right. Sorry to worry you, Foster. Guess Fitz is rubbing off on me, huh?"

I gave a small laugh, "I guess."

" I'm calm now. You can continue. "

"Well, Annabeth walked in on Biana and Me in the locker room and demanded to know what was happening. I didn't want to lie to her again, so I told her everything."

Keefe nodded, " And you transmitted everything she said to us so we would know. "

"Exactly."

" Well, looks like the Mysterious Miss F has revealed us all. Now the Forkelanator will show up in three, two... "

"You kids make a simple plan so difficult." I heard Mr Forkle say as he climbed the hill towards us. I looked at Keefe who was grinning and I could feel myself start smiling too. I was close to laughing by the time Mr Formal reached us.

" What do you need, Forkle? " Keefe asked as casually as possible.

"Well, you kids got a letter from someone. Doing know who, but it says that only you can read it."

" And you decided to personally deliver it to us? Thangs so sweet of you! " Keefe exclaimed mockingly.

Mr Forkle mumbled something that sounded a lot like "You kids don't have any respect any more. " before walking back down to talk with Grady and Edeline. 

I opened the scroll and read what it said. It took me a moment because I didn't understand it, but when I read it a second time, I knew what it was.

(A/n: whenever there's a prophecy, I'll put plus signs around it. Forgot to mention it earlier.)

+As warriors come in cloaks of night.                                              Let Athena 's child make things right.                                                          As monsters come let humans die.                                                   the Moonlark will spread her wings and fly.                    

7 old and 7 new                                                                                             Split to fight for what is true.                                                                 When common enemies are against both sides.                            The forgotten power of old will arise.+

I dropped the scroll, my hands shaking. Keefe grabbed it and read it as I let the phrases float around in my head. Soon my brain was full of incomplete thoughts and phrases, and I didn't realize I was having a panic attack until a cool, blue breeze washed away the repeating words.

I looked at Keefe and found him holding my gloveless hand, watching me with concern. "You good, Foster."

" Yeah. " I breathed, grateful that I could properly think again, "Thanks."

 " Any time, Foster!" He removed his hand and I put my glove back on, "What does it say, anyway?"

" You can't read it? "

"Nope. I mean, I'm no Polyglot. I can't just read whatever's out in front of me. "

"Oh, right." I felt myself start blushing and pulled my hood up, hoping I could hide it, even though Keefe probably felt it already . "Um... is it okay if I tell you later?"

Keefe looked a bit disappointed , but he quickly replaced it with a smile, "Sure, Foster! Now the Mysterious Miss F is even more mysterious!"

I gave a grateful smile as Keefe pulled out his home crystal, "Thanks, Keefe."

" No problem, Foster. See you before school tomorrow."

When he was gone I sighed and grabbed the scroll which Keefe had left on the ground. I read it one more time, this time being more careful, and thought about it. When I was about to give up, I suddenly saw the face of Annabeth appear.

"Sophie," she said, "We need to talk."

Okay, so this chapter was difficult to figure out. I'm not very good at rhyming, and I'm even worse at prophecies, so please don't judge the one I wrote. Also, even after I did some research I still couldn't quite figure out what it looks like to receive an Iris Message, so I guessed. If any of you know, please tell me so I can fix it. I'm considering updating one more time today, so be on the lookout for that. Have a great day! Bye!