Chapter 18: Chill! - Annabeth

A/n: I'm gonna try an make this chapter really long as thanks for over 400 views! You guys are amazing! Hope you enjoy!

PoV: Annabeth

 "Chill, Fitz!!" I heard Keefe yell, "We don't know if she did anything!"

 " She was the last person to have a casual talk with Sophie! She has to be part of it! "

 "You're wrong!" Percy exclaimed , preparing to uncap Riptide.

 "No!" I yelled, silencing everyone, "I have a feeling that I am part of it! But, let me inform you that our last talk was anything but casual."

Fitz's grip on my arms loosened slightly as I continued, "Sophie and I have been working on a project together, but not for school. Lately, we've been hanging out to discuss this," I held up the scroll with the prophecy on it. I always made sure it was on me so no one could sneak a look at it, and now I was glad for my worry. When I held up the scroll, Fitz and Grady just stared at me confused, Percy and Hazel looked at me in astonishment, and Keefe's breath caught in his throat.

 "I'm assuming you know what this is?" I asked, looking at Keefe who simply nodded.

 " Wait, " Percy interrupted, "Why does he know, but not us?"

 " Better question, " Fitz added, "What even is that?" He turned his gaze to Keefe , "And why did Sophie tell you and no one else?"

 " I'm gonna answer Jackson's question first. That good with you, Fitzy? " Keefe asked.

 "No!" Fitz replied.

 " So, Jackson, " Keefe started, totally ignoring a now even more angry Fitz, "Sophie probably wouldn't have told me, but I was there when she received it. That a good enough explanation for you?" When Percy nodded, he turned to face Fitz, "As for your amazing contribution to the conversation, Fitzy, that thing Annabeth's holding is very bad. The best description Sophie allowed me to say was a 'prediction of the future.' She's didn't tell anyone else because she was worried about getting everyone else involved."

There was a strange silence as Fitz slowly moved away from me and towards Keefe. "And you just happened to be there when Sophie got that letter?"

 " Um, yeah. Sophie was... " he trailed off and glanced at Hazel and Percy, who were too busy seeing if I was okay to notice. "She was teaching me a different language. Because she told me she would. Because I won a bet."

 " Sophie doesn't take bets, " Grady mumbled.

I stood up, "Well, she did with me," I casually pulled some of my hair behind my ear but paused for a second over my temple. Fitz seemed to understand because I soon heard his crisp voice in my head.

*So, Sophie told you I'm a telepath?*

#Yeah. And I recommend using your telepathy skills to go into Keefe's mind and get the real story. He's not sharing everything because Percy and Hazel are here.#

Fitz looked at Keefe again, "What bet did you guys make that made Sophie take bets?" He asked.

" I didn't force her to bet! I just made a bet with Ro once, and she joined in because she thought the answer was obvious. When she won, she realized how fun bets were!"

"This is why I tried to keep Sophie away from you, Keefe." I heard Grady mumble.

" Why don't you like Keefe? " I asked Grady, trying to draw attention away from Fitz and Keefe, who were clearly communicating telepathically at the moment.

 "He's just a bad influence!" Grady exclaimed quietly,  it whether he was acting or he actually hated Keefe, I couldn't tell, "He ran away from home, betrayed his friends on many occasions, and a lot more! I don't want him around my daughter!"