Chapter 10: Getting Help - Dex

A/n: Yep! It's a Dex chapter! No one's died yet! I was going to do this chapter later, but I'm better at writing Hazel and Dex chapters than from any other PoV, so I'm doing it now. I promise I'll have more chapters with Seaweed Brain and Fitz, but the majority will be Hazel and Dex. With that out of the way, enjoy this new chapter!

PoV: Dex

The first thing I could comprehend as I woke up was my terrible headache. I couldn't remember anything after I passed out, and even everything before that was kind of fuzzy. Groaning, I opened my eyes only to realize I was outside. 

"Well, look who finally woke up!" A familiar voice exclaimed beside me. I whipped my head towards the sound, only to regret it when it caused my headache to spike and me to press my eyes shut.

When I opened them again, I saw a boy with black hair and clothes sitting in the shade of a tree. I recognized him, but couldn't remember his name. "Finally?" I asked, "What do you mean, 'finally'? "

" Uh, you've kinda been unconscious for about 4-5 days."

"What? Are you sure?"

 " Fairly positive, since Hazel would ask about you every day. I'm Nico. "

 "Dex," I replied , "And, um, what exactly happened?"

 " I was hoping you might know. One second Hazel's dragging me into the Posiden cabin, the next you and Fitz have collapsed and Percy shows up. "

 "Wait, where is Fitz? Is he okay?"

 Nico sighed, "Honestly, I don't know. "

 "What do you mean 'you don't know '?! You have to know!"

 " I mean that we were attacked by your weird 'Neverseen' and Fitz told me to keep you safe and now we're here. "

 "Why would Fitz, of all people, want to keep me safe?" I asked, mostly to myself.

 "Well, he said something about a Sophie Foster and how she would get mad at him if you were hurt and was the only person that could wake you up. Obviously he was wrong, but still. "

I sighed as I thought about Sophie. Her apology from all those nights before was still fresh in my mind, and it reminded me of what had happened before I blacked out, when her voice was repeating her name. My brain tried to put the pieces together, like when I was making a gadget, but it was like when I was working on the caches. They just wouldn't click.

 "So... How'd we get here?" I asked slowly, understanding Nico probably wasn't someone who liked to be asked a lot of questions.

"Shadow travel." He stated plainly, probably expecting me to at least understand part of what he was saying, which I didn't. "Your elves that control shadows can do that, right?"

" First of all, they're called Shades, and secondly, we might call some of our abilities different things than you do. "

"It's using shadows to go to different places. I feel like the title made that clear."

" Similar to teleportation? " I asked, thinking about Sophie again.

"I guess. So, your Shades can do that?"

"Sadly, no. Only Sophie can teleport."

There was an awkward silence as the conversation came to a halt. Neither of us really knew what to say. We were both worried about different people, in different places, for different reasons, and we couldn't help any of them. 

"Wait," I said as I remembered something, "Did you happen to see a girl with ice blue eyes and blonde hair?"

 "Right. Because I'm definitely paying attention to my enemies eye color while I'm fighting."