Chapter 19: Meetings - Keefe

A/n: Sooooo...... I hope this doesn't get too confusing, but I will be doing a very short scene from Sophie's PoV to explain something that happens later. The reason I doing make this a full Sophie PoV chapter is because it's barely even 100 words, so, yeah. This will mostly be Keefe's PoV. Hope you enjoy!

PoV: Sophie

As I sat on the very uncomfortable bed, as man walked through the open cell door. When I looked at him, I realized he was holding a key and an obscurer, hiding his face alone. He took a seat beside me on the bed.

 "Okay, Sophie," he said with what sounded like a grin, "We have come to an agreement. We will allow you to take off the circulet for 15 seconds. You may transmit to anyone you'd like, say anything, it doesn't matter. You ready?"

I nodded, not willing to see if my voice would even work. The man reached over and unlocked the circulet. It felt as if all my senses had been filled and were now fully functional. Like taking a breath of fresh air after being stuck in a maze of smoke. 

 "You're time starts now." The man said, snapping me out of my paradise. Quickly, I spread out my mind until I found someone I knew. I transmitted two words before closing the connection.

 "You done?" The man asked, and I nodded again, "Honestly? Faster than I expected. I wonder what you said?"

______________________________________________

PoV: Keefe

 "Guys, we need to leave!" Fitz exclaimed, finally looking away from the wall he'd been staring at since he broke the glass vase.

 " Why? " I asked, "There could be clues here!"

 " The Neverseen are outside the building! We need to leave, now! " Fitz pulled out the pathfinder we'd used to get here.

 "How do you know?" Grady asked. 

 " Annabeth, " was all Fitz replied with as he turned the crystal to the right position, occasionally pausing and, probably, transmitting to Annabeth.

 "So she wasn't lying when she said she knew about me," Grady mumbled.

 " Nope! " I exclaimed, "I don't exactly know how she figured it out, but I think it has something to do with the burns-"

"SOPHIE GOT BURNED?! AND DIDN'T TELL ME?!"

" Geeze, calm down, Grady! She's fine! Or, was when she got them. Now? " I trailed off. I didn't like thinking about something happening to Sophie, for any reason. Even though she always found herself getting in trouble, I still felt worried.

All of this reminded me of when Sophie and Dex were kidnapped all those years ago, and I was sure it was even more vivid for Foster. I hated knowing I could've helped, but instead was one of the reasons she went missing in the first place. Even though there was no evidence of the Neverseen playing any part of her disappearance, then being here proved they had some role in it. 

As Fitz held up the pathfinder, we walked into its beam, arriving at one of the Black Swan hideouts. It hasn't been used for a while, since the Neverseen had been gone, but now it was fully inhabited by both old and new members, including Forkle, Stina, and my dad. Thankfully, he wasn't allowed to go to any of the meetings I was part of unless necessary, and that was fine by me!

As we walked inside, we all split up to get ready for our meeting with Forkle. All the others were already here, besides Sophie, obviously. Because she was gone, Wylie was in charge of Team Valiant and Fitz and I had become the "Leaders" of the Black Swan Squad.

 "Hey, Keefe!" Biana called as she came over to me.

 "What's up?" I asked, hoping I could find a joke to make somewhere in this conversation, because I was feeling really down.

 "Did you find anything?"

 " Um, not really. Sorry, Biana. "

I watched Biana's hopeful expression fall, "Oh. Okay. Thanks for looking though. "

"Hey, don't feel so bad! As president of the Foster Fan Club, I know we'll find her! " I tried to put on the most convincing smile I could, because I didn't. I didn't know if we could find her. I just hoped we could, and that we weren't too late.

Biana gave a small smile before wrapping my in a hug, "Thanks, Keefe."

" No problem, Biana. "

Biana quickly pulled away from me, and I immediately guessed Dex was looking at us. Biana had a crush in him since I kinda dumped her, and I'm pretty sure he had a crush on her since Sophie dumped him. 

Sure enough, Dex walked over seconds later, "Hey, Keefe! I'm assuming you didn't find anything?" When I nodded , his eyes went to his shoes, "At least last time she had me. Now? She's had no one..." 

We stood there in a solemn silence until Tam walked over, " Hey guys. Hate to ruin this sadness circle, but Forkle wants the meeting to start now. " We nodded and followed Tam to the meeting room.

I never really understood this room. There were very few crystals, and it was mostly bumpy rock. It felt more like a cave than anything, and I knew it gave Dex flashbacks. There were already a few people here; The rest of Team Valiant, Linh, Marella, and the Collective. The only people not here were Sophie - obviously - and Fitz.

 "You kids are always so late," Mr Forkle grumbled before speaking up, "Welcome to the meeting. I know we're here under a sensitive topic, so let's get to the point : Sophie Foster has gone missing. " The room was fairly silent besides the few people that didn't know why they were there, "And while this may come as a shock to most of you, we also have evidence that it wasn't the Neverseen's doing. Unless any of you kids have evidence against that claim?"

The room was , once again, surprisingly quiet as I stood, "Actually, Forkle, I think you're half right." He looked at me with a curious expression, "While Fitz, Grady, and I were looking for clues about Sister's whereabouts, somebody told us there was a Neverseen member outside the school. I don't think they were after us, though, since they followed the person as they ran away from the building. "

Forkle nodded, "That would make sense, but why were they going after this person? "

I shrugged, "Don't ask me! I wasn't with the Neverseen long enough to know this! "

I knew I went a little overboard, but at least I got my point across. It was hard to make jokes without Foster around, and that was the only way I could come with anything. I was about to tell them Annabeth knows about elves when Fitz broke open the door.

"Ah, Mr Vacker!" Mr Forkel exclaimed,"How nice of you-"

Fitz interrupted, "Sophie called 'Swan Song!'

That's it!! I don't have much to say besides that I may not be updating for a while. See you later!