Chapter 26: Discussion - Hazel

A/n: Hello! I'm back for real this time! Sadly, because I posted the other chapter, I now only have this one chapter to give you... Well, I hope you like it! Enjoy!

Once basically every difference between elves and demigods had been explained, Annabeth was finally able to explain her plan. Of course it wasn't perfect, but it was better than anything we could come up with. Whether or not we could pull it off was the real question.

"So, let me get this straight," Fitz started, "You want us to start with Tempest? Wouldn't it make more sense for it to be you guys?"

"Considering Tempest was supposed to kill us," I started, " I don't think having us starting with her would be a good idea."

"Plus you have extra reasons not to trust her," Annabeth added.

" Well, yeah. But she doesn't trust us either. I don't think that will help." Keefe countered

"Of course it won't," Percy agreed, "But I'm sure we aren't the only ones who haven't let that stop us."

"And you and Tam both actually know her," Biana pointed out.

"Fine. But I still don't entirely like that I have to work with Bangs Boy."

" Don't worry. It's mutual. " Tam grumbled.

Linh sighed, "Can't you two just try to get along?"

"I agree, " I added, "Right now is not the time to get in an argument."

Keefe rolled his eyes and Tam crossed his arms. The group was silent for a moment before Biana broke the silence, "So... Who's all going with Tempest again?"

" Tam, Keefe, and you. " Annabeth said.

"And everyone else is here?"

"Basically."

" And we're just going to leave Tempest behind? " I asked, trying to keep my worry out of my voice. Now that I truly understood what she was feeling, abandoning her just seemed wrong.

"Hazel, Tempest has been working with the Neverseen these last few years trying to protect people," Jason pointed out, " I'm sure she can handle herself. "

" Probably..."

"Tempest also can't know the plan," Annabeth reminded us, "Otherwise she might mess everything up."

We all nodded and Annabeth circled, "Alright, get ready. This is happening tomorrow morning."

" Circle of friendship, disperse! " Keefe exclaimed as he hopped up. I saw Dex and Sophie roll their eyes before they both walked out of the room. Everyone else soon followed, but I trailed behind. I wanted to have a talk with Tempest.

"Hazel?" I heard Frank ask. I turned to face him, "Are you okay?"

" I'm fine. Why? "

"Nothing. You just looked worried."

" It's nothing, Frank. I'm just sort of nervous, like everyone else. "

Frank nodded and I smiled before walking out of the room, "Hey Hazel?" Frank called from behind me, making me stop and look back at him, "If we actually go through with Annabeth's plan... Be careful, ok?"

"Ok." I replied, walking back towards Frank and hugging him, "But you'd better be safe too."

Frank chuckled, "Don't worry about me, Hazel." I pulled away and smiled at him before walking back towards Tempest's "room".

When I arrived, Tempest was sitting on her bed. The door had been locked, so I assumed whoever locked her in didn't want her listening to what Annabeth had too say. Tempest saw me and sat up slightly, "Why are you back?"

" We need to talk, Tempest, " I said.

"About what? "

"The prophecy. Your dream. A lot of things."

Tempest sighed, "Ok. What do you want to know?"

" First of all, who's your brother? He seems important to you, but you never told me who he was? "

Tempest looked at her hands, "I don't know if I should say. My whole life I haven't been allowed to talk about my family. But yes, he is important to me."

"Alright. Question 2 : are you an elf, or a demigod?"

Tempest stared at me blankly, "What?"

"Do you not know?" I asked.

" Well, I know that I'm not a demigod, but my father said I'm not an elf, so I don't know how to answer. "

I looked at her, sort of confused, "Well, where did you live?"

" Many places. "

I sighed, "Most of the time. Where did you live most of the time?"

" The Shores of Solace. Lord Cassius took care of me for a while there. Then I joined the Neverseen shortly after, and hadn't seen him till now. "

"What about your parents?" I didn't feel like I had learned anything I needed to know and was desperate.

"I'm not allowed to say who my father is, and I never met my mother."

" Then how do you know who she is in your dream? "

Tempest shrugged, "Its just one of those things where they only make sense in your dreams. If you asked me to tell you what my mother looks like or what her name is, I couldn't tell you."

We stopped talking for a bit as I tried to think of more questions, "The prophecy. You think two people will die?"

"It's the only logical explanation."

"What do you think of the rest of the prophecy?"

Tempest shrugged, "I think that none of it has been completed yet. Sure, you guys divide into smaller groups, and maybe you found all 14 of you, ok. Great. But I don't think you're looking at it right. The prophecy says 7 old and 7 new. You tell me: which group is the old and which group is the new? Because i, for one, have no idea.

" Then you have the 'Split to fight for what is true' line. Yep, you split into small groups, with four people who actually knew what was happening in each. But that isn't exactly what I think it means, especially since you guys ended up finding each other again. Splitting, to me, seems more permanent. And then you have the last two lines, which obviously haven't happened, since I haven't seen any 'forgotten power' help you guys.

"And don't forget verse one! So, Annabeth hasn't fought any Neverseen members yet. Sophie has killed monsters when she had Leo burn that pile, but not ones that attack humans. None of the prophecy has happened. And unlike with many of your quests, I think it's going to complete itself instantaneously. Annabeth will defeat the Neverseen, Sophie will defeat the monsters, the forgotten power will arrive, and two people will die in a short amount of time."

I processed her words for a while. What she said made sense, but one thing didn't, "How do you know so much about what everyone's done?"

Tempest looked at me silently for a few seconds, "Hazel. The Neverseen knows more than you'd expect. Honestly, if I were Sophie or Dex or literally any of the elves who've fought the Neverseen before, I would be terrified at how much they knew. They observe everything, and take notes. They look for weaknesses and exploit them. I wouldn't be surprised if they knew exactly where we are right now and are waiting for us to come to them."

A/n: Here we are, back to the actual story! Sorry if that was a lot to take in, but I didn't want to make Tempest's explanation too long. Also, this is kind of random, but does anyone know if charmspeak/love magic works on Aphrodite's children? This doesn't have any real influence on this particular story, but I just can't remember. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it, and I'll see you later!