Chapter 14: In the Name of Love

JD snuck around the side of a house followed by Connor. "JD, are you sure this is the place?" JD nodded, "This is Veronica's house, I know she kept Heather Chandler's scrunchie and we can probably find something from Kurt and Ram here too." Connor nodded, "I still can't believe we have to do this on top of everything else."

"I've broken into her house before but I didn't think I'd have to do it again. I can believe we're doing this," JD said. "JD, we've kidnapped and drugged people but you're most concerned about breaking and entering?" Connor said rolling his eyes.

"Listen, you know that if we don't do this our heads are on the line. We agreed that I'd help you with your task as long as you help me with this," JD said. Connor nodded and set a ladder up against the window of Veronica's room. JD climbed up the ladder and snapped off the window lock. Connor gave him a look that JD responded with, "What? She snapped off my window lock, only fair I return the favor." Connor rolled his eyes, "Just hurry up and climb in the room."

JD nodded and climbed into the room followed shortly by Connor. "What exactly are we looking for?" Connor asked JD. "I know that there's a bright red scrunchie that belonged to Heather Chandler in here somewhere. I'm not sure about Kurt and Ram if you find anything football related she probably got it from them," JD said and began searching for the red scrunchie.

"JD, why on Earth do you recommend we come here without being positive we're going to find something belonging to Kurt and Ram," Connor said as he started looking for football-related stuff. "Well Connor, would you rather go grave robbing?" JD said sarcastically going through the stuff in Veronica's nightstand.

Connor rolled his eyes and went through the closet looking for football items. "Hey, I found these two varsity jackets labeled Kurt and Ram, would that work?" Connor asked. "Yes, that would be enough for this. Wonder why she has the jackets though," JD said still looking for the scrunchie. "Why does it matter why she has the jackets as long as it's convenient to the plot," Connor said helping JD look for the scrunchie.

"Good point," JD said spotting a bit of red tucked inside a pillowcase. He pulled it out revealing Heather's red scrunchie. "Found it," he said to Connor. "Great, now let's hurry up and get out of here before someone finds out we were in here," Connor said. 

Not even a minute after he said that they heard a voice from outside the door, "Yeah Mom, I got my homework done. I'm just going to chill out in my room for the rest of the night." Connor gave JD  a look of panic and they both ran to the window and started climbing down the ladder. Just as they reached the bottom of the ladder Veronica opened the door to her room and saw the open window. 

"That's weird, I don't ever leave the window open," Veronica muttered to herself as she went to close the window. JD and Connor quickly grabbed the ladder and ran away quickly, well as quickly as you can when you're holding a giant ladder. When Veronica went to close the window she noticed them running off but she couldn't quite see their faces. "Weird," Veronica muttered to herself. She noticed that her window lock had been snapped off and couldn't help but have a feeling that JD had come back.

*****

Henry, George, and Squip sat staring at the three people they had kidnapped. "We haven't been able to collect and new information on them and their whereabouts," King George said. "All we've been able to find out is Washington's phone number which we did through the help of your wife, can't we send her back in to interrogate them? Maybe she'll be able to get us new information?" George said.

"We can try that. Love, do you think you can do that for me?" Henry asked her. "I can try my dear but Cathy knows me, she's not going to be as willing," she responded. "It's worth a shot, you have a 45% chance of getting more information than the rest of us. Those are the best odds we have at the moment," Squip said. She nodded and walked into the room.