Chapter 12

A couple weeks later
Anaya's pov

I sighed as I slumped against the seat of my car, putting my hand on my forehead in frustration. I felt the tears slowly cascade down my face as I lost it, slamming my hands on the steering wheel, sobbing loudly.

Those words kept ringing in my head as I leaned down, placing my forehead on the steering wheel.

"I'm sorry Anaya, it just isn't working out. You're too friendly with the guys."

I picked up my phone and called Maddie.

"Hey baby! What's up?" She asked after picking up. "Maddie!" I sobbed, completely breaking down outside of Colby's house.

"Anaya! What happened!?" She asked, going full mama bear mode. "He broke up with me." I sobbed even louder as I said those words. It felt like poison, trying to kill me as I spoke.

"Why!?"

"Because I'm too "friendly" with the guys!!" I said more sarcastically and pissy.

"Where are you!?"

"I'm outside his house! I can't drive Maddie! Please come get me!" I said, literally choking on my words as they fell out of my mouth.

"I'm coming baby! I will be there as soon as I can, ok!? I love you baby!" She said, rustling around before I heard the wind right as she hung up.

I sat there crying as I looked through our pictures and videos. There was a video from Snapchat while we were cuddling. I gave him a dorky filter and he laughed at it as he was nuzzled into my chest.

About ten minutes later a car pulls up in front of mine. I look over and it's some random blonde girl. She was pretty, like really pretty. She looked at me and smiled as she got out and went inside. I caught a glimpse of her phone and she was on FaceTime with....

Colby

Maddie pulled up and I got out, and so did Brennen. I handed Brennen my keys before getting in Maddie's car and slamming the door shut.

She reached over and hugged me tightly, let me sob loudly into her chest. We pulled away and Maddie left the house, making her way to her and Brennen's place.

"He's already moved on Maddie. Some blondie pulled up and she was on FaceTime with him as she walked through the gate." I sobbed. "I thought he loved me." I said, clearly broken.

"And my concert is tomorrow and I have to sing upbeat songs! And holy fuck I just wanna fucking die Maddie, I wanna fucking die!!" I ended up screaming.

We pulled up to her place as Brennen pulled up behind us with my car.

We all got out and Brennen walked over, grabbing me and throwing me over his shoulder.

I laughed slightly as he carried me inside and plopped me down on the couch.

"Why cry Naya? You're too good for that!" He said, brushing away my tears.

"Why don't you ask your best friend?" I said, very snarky and rude like. "What'd he do?" Brennen asked, turning protective.

"Broke up with me and is now with some blonde bitch!" I said. "Lily." He mumbled.

"Wait! Was he with her before he broke up with me!?" I asked sitting up abruptly. He sighed and nodded.

"That piece of shit!" Maddie said before grabbing her keys and walking out. I sighed and curled up on the couch, hugging a pillow as I cried quietly.

Maddie's pov

I pulled up to the house and barged in. "Whoa Maddie, what's going on?" Aaron asked. "Where's Colby!?" I asked, giving Aaron the death glare. He pointed upstairs and I thanked him with a smile before stomping upstairs.

I barged into his room and found him, in his boxers and sweaty with that blonde bitch Anaya was talking about.

"You cheating bastard!!" I screamed, tackling him to the floor. I repeatedly punched him, but he held his arms up to block me.

"Madison!!" Kat yelled. I felt arms around my waist and somebody dragging me off of Colby. "I'm fine- IM FINE!" I yelled, yanking myself from the persons grip and fixing my hoodie.

"What the hell are you doing!?" Jake asked. He's the one who pulled me off.

"Why don't you ask your cheater of a best friend!?" I yelled, pointing at Colby who was on the floor. "God! I can't believe you would do that to her!! Especially after the shit she's been through!!" I said angrily.

"Wait! Colby, did you cheat on Anaya and then make up an excuse to break up with her?" Kat asked.

Colby looked away, clearly ashamed.

"Wow, Just- wow." Kat said, shaking her head as she walked away. Everyone gave him disappointed looks as he laid there on the floor.

"You're a piece of shit Colby Brock. A white trash piece of shit!" I said before pushing past everyone and storming downstairs.

Kat followed as we got back in my car.

I then drove back home to find Anaya passed out on the couch.

"Move her to the bed." I whispered to Brennen who nodded and walked over to her. She carefully picked her and carried her into our bedroom, placing her softly onto the bed before covering her with the blanket.

Kat and I then crawled in next to her and cuddled her sleeping body, all of us falling asleep peacefully.