Chapter 28

Anaya's pov

Today's my birthday, but I think everybody forgot, because nobody has posted anything, and nobody has messaged me.

I decided to text the group chat and see if anyone wanted to go to dinner or something.

Anaya-
Hey, anyone wanna go out to dinner tonight? Maybe saddle ranch too?
Read 5:30pm

I sighed and decided to see what Colby was doing. I bit my nails as I waited for his face to pop up.

"Hey baby!" He said with a smile on his face.

"Hey! What're you doing tonight?" I asked, trying to make it sound like I'm not ok at the moment, but he didn't catch on. "Oh nothing really! Why?" He asked.

My heart sunk to my feet as I just asked if he wanted to hang out. "Yea I'll come pick you up in an hour."

I said ok, told him I loved him, before hanging up and letting the tears flow. I got up and walked to my room, pulling out an outfit and putting it on.

I then buttoned up my jeans before pulling on these shoes

I zipped up my boots before quickly doing my makeup and hair

My phone dinged with a text from Colby, telling me he was downstairs. I sighed and left him on read as I grabbed my bag, keys, and phone before leaving my room and walking out of my apartment, locking the door behind me.

I then walked down the stairs and outside to Colby's car.

"Hey baby! Why so dressed up?" He asked as I put my seatbelt on. "Just cause." I said softly. He leaned over and gave me a small kiss on the cheek before driving away.

-skip drive-

I walked ahead of him, tears filling my eyes as I made it to his apartment. I opened the door, super pissy and just obviously mad.