Chapter 46

Few months later
Anaya's pov

I woke up, groaning in pain as I laid on my side, rubbing my belly. I squeezed my eyes shut, letting it pass by before I slowly sat up and got out of bed.

I wobbled to the bathroom, grabbing the glass in there before filling it up and taking a drink.

I then walked back over to the bed, got in, snuggled up to Colby, and fell back asleep.

-15 minutes later-

I woke up to the same shooting pain in my stomach. I squeezed my eyes shut, pushing my head against Colby's shoulder as i felt the worst, like, 90 seconds of pain.

"Baby? You ok?" Colby asked, very tiredly. "I'm having contractions, but they're only 15 minutes apart, but I'm not in active labor, so I don't know if I should go or not." I said, easing myself as the contraction stopped.

"Baby, why don't you call Maddie's mom? Your step mom obviously won't help, but I'm sure Maddie's mom would love to." Colby suggested, rubbing his face to try and keep him awake.

"I'll call her." I said, turning around and reaching over to grab my phone from the nightstand.

I picked it up and took it off the charger before turning the brightness hella down and opening my contacts.

I clicked on Maddie's mom before putting the phone to my ear.

"Oh Anaya! I haven't heard from you in a while and Maddie says you guys aren't friends anymore, please tell me that's not true!" She said.

"Hi mama Williams, I don't know why Maddie is saying we aren't friends anymore, I still think of her as my best friend, but that's not why I called you." I said, brushing off that statement. "So my water hasn't broke, and my contractions are about 15 minutes apart. Should I go to the hospital or do I have to wait?" I asked.

"Well they're 15 minutes apart and water hasn't broke yet, so I would say, don't go just yet, but also, keep me on FaceTime so I can help because you're not gonna get much sleep here soon." She said. I said ok and put her on FaceTime.

"Wait, I have to pee, Colby talk to her." I said, tossing the phone to Colby before wobbling to the bathroom.

I quickly peed before doing all my stuff and walking back out.

I leaned on the end of the bed, pushing the hair back from my face.

-an hour later-

I groaned lowly, shoving my face into my arms as I bit Colby's blanket. Contractions are about ten minutes apart now and I'm dying.

I got up once the contraction passed and walked to the bathroom. I stood there and did my makeup, thankfully not having to do much because I was done in ten minutes.

Right as I finished a contraction came, making me lean over and place my forehead on the counter, basically moaning in pain.

"Breathe baby." Colby said, walking up and rubbing my back. "Mmm." I groaned, breathing deeply, letting the longest 30 to 45 seconds of my life pass.

Once it was over I put my makeup back in the drawer and walked back out of the bathroom and to the bedroom.

"Amanda, am I allowed to eat, or like drink a smoothie?" I asked. "No hunny I'm sorry." She said. I groaned and stood up pissed off.

-two hours later-

I groaned as I wobbled down the stairs, gripping tightly onto Colby's hoodie and onto the railing.

"Hey, you guys going to the hospital now?" Sam asked as him and Kat stood outside of his bedroom door.

"Yea!" Colby said as I stood there, holding the railing, groaning lowly as another contraction came.

"Ok we're coming with!" Kat said before they disappeared for five seconds before running down the stairs next to us.

All four of us then got in the car, me groaning basically the whole way there.

-skip drive-

We got into the hospital when I felt a huge gush in my sweatpants. I stopped abruptly, not knowing what to do.

"Hey I need a wheelchair!" A nurse said as he walked over to me. They put me in the wheelchair and wheeled me to a room.

-another time skip quick-

I laid in the bed laughing to myself because the epidural made me kinda loopy. I'm not like high as a kite, but I'm chilling.

"Oh that's weird!" I said, feeling the pressure of the contraction down there. "Does it hurt?" Kat asked.

"Not really, it's just like a weird sorta pressure." I admitted.

"Dude! I've been in labor for five hours! There's probably many more to go but damn dude! Five hours!?" I said, sounding a little shocked.

There was a knock at the door before the door opened, revealing the tall blonde who I've known since I was a baby.

"Maddie!?" I asked, hella confused. "Dude! I'm so sorry! I can let you do this shit alone! You were there when I got the rights to Bella and Aubrey and when I had my own little baby, I can't just sit in Virginia and let my best friend of 24 years have a baby without her baby's god mother there!" She said, basically shoving Colby out of the way and grabbing my hand.

"Oh Maddie, I could never stay mad at you. You've been my only friend for so long, it was just you and me for 19 years." I said, holding her hand close to me.

God I love her.

-another time skip-

I groaned, pushing as hard as I can, waiting for the contraction to end so I can stop for a second.

"Ok, breathe, then big deep breath in and push!" The nurse said.

I obeyed, taking a big deep breath, closing my eyes as I pushed again, squeezing Kat and Colby's hand as Maddie stood behind the doctors, recording the whole thing.

"Ok! Next push, open your eyes and watch you baby come out!" A doctor said. I nodded and took a deep breath, pushing as hard as can, watching as the baby came out of me. (That was weird my bad😂)

They placed the baby on my chest after letting Colby cut the cord. I cried at the sight, my beautiful baby girl.

-another time skip-

"Knock knock!" Someone said from behind the curtain. "Come in!" I smiled, looking at Sam with the baby.

"Oh my god! Let me hold the baby!" Devyn said, taking her from Sam before sitting next to me on the bed. "Boy or girl?" She asked, smiling at me.

"Girl." I smiled. "Oh my god she's beautiful!" Cassie said, walking over and sitting next to Devyn, gently using the back of her index finger to caress the side of her cheek.

"Did you guys pick out a name yet?" Tara asked before turning to the door, watching as Kara and Micah walked in.

"Juniper!" I said, smiling softly. "Wow, you really kept your promise didn't you?" Maddie laughed as she walked over and crawled next to me in the bed, resting her head on my shoulder.

"Promise?" Devyn asked as she handed Juniper to Cassie carefully.

"When we were 18, my little sister juniper was 14. She ended up accidentally getting pregnant because this douche bag raped her, but juniper had a miscarriage and she was heartbroken so Naya, being the big hearted person, promised my little sister that the first baby girl that Naya has, she would name it after her." Maddie explained.

I nodded with a smile on my face. "Ok guys, I'm sorry to interrupt the party going on here, but here's the crib, you can keep it right here if you'd like, you can move it right next to you, anything you'd like, but here it is." The nurse said, wheeling in a crib.

"Thank you." I said tiredly.

I leaned back, closing my eyes as I listened to everybody's soft voices, slowly being pulled into a peaceful sleep.