Epilogue

Juno's pov

"Naya come on baby!" I yelled up the ladder. "I don't wanna go!" She yelled back.

"Naya Jean Brock! If you don't come down here, I'm coming up." I said.

She didn't say anything so I sighed and climbed my way up the ladder, crawling into her loft before sitting crisscross in front of her.

"Naya...? What's going on with you baby?" I asked, gently grabbing her chin, pulling her to look at me. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"I don't want grandma and grandpa to be gone." She said, tears filling her eyes as she stuck out her bottom lip.

"Oh hunny I know. Mommy doesn't want grandma or grandpa to be gone, but it's ok because they're up in heaven, smiling down on us and cheering us on. They wouldn't want us to sit around and mope, they'd want us to shed our tears then get back up." I said, smiling down at the little girl in front of me.

"Do you wanna know something about grandma?" I asked. She nodded, seeming intrigued.

I moved myself so I was now laying on my side, my head rested on my hand.

"So! When grandma was seven years old, she lost her mommy, she was heartbroken and sad, but you know what she did?" I asked making her shake her head.

"She shedded her tears for a couple days, helped her dad for a couple more, basically became her own mommy. She was 10 years old, taking care of her dad, making him dinner, cleaning the house, packing his and her lunches for work and school. Yea she was sad about her mommy, but she knew deep down that her mommy was ok now, she was no longer in pain." I said, smiling as I thought of all the stories my mom told me when I was younger.

"So, now, you have to think about that with your grandma and your grandpa. They may be gone, but they're no longer in pain." I said making Naya nod.

"Come on baby, we gotta go or else people will get mad at us." I said making her nod before we both climbed down the ladder.

I picked Naya up and carried down stairs, walking out to my car. She got in and I got in the front seat.

-skip drive-

We parked at the church before I held Naya's hand, both of us walking in.

"Oh Juniper hunny, how are you holding up?" My aunt Kara asked, tears in her eyes as she walked up. "Oh, Kara, I honestly don't know how to even feel right now. I mean, honestly, fuck drunk drivers. They've taken too many people to count." I said.

"Oh hunny I know. It sucks that it was both your mom and dad." She said.

Tears filled my eyes before slowly trickling down my cheeks.

I sighed and picked up Naya before walking to where we were sitting.

-a little bit later-

"And now, to speak a couple words, the eldest daughter of the couple." The priest said. I sighed and kissed Naya's head before standing up and walking up the steps, standing at the podium.

"My name is Juniper Mae Brock. My parents are Anaya Alexander Brock and Cole Robert Brock. On January 9th, my parents went on a date for their 30 year anniversary." I said, my voice cracking as tears filled my eyes.

"My parents were soulmates, they met when my mother was 19 and my father was 20. When I was born, my mom and dad got in this really big fight about something and it ended up breaking them apart for a couple months." I looked over at Kat who was a complete wreck.

"Thankfully, my mom and dad both had an amazing best friend who forced them to talk, which ended in another fight, but thankfully, my mom decided to make a video and send it to my dad, Kat, if you wouldn't have set them up, I don't know if I would've had the amazing childhood I had." I said, smiling at Kat as tears fell down my face.

"My mom always told me if she didn't meet Kat, she wouldn't have met my dad, which I'm very thankful for." I stopped for a second, looking at everyone with blurry vision.

"Mom, dad, I'm gonna miss you guys. I'm gonna miss the late night talks, our constant laughs, all the constant memories being made. I'm especially just gonna miss your guys' smiles. The ones that always made my day, woke me up in the morning, always calmed me down when my panic attacks hit. I'm just gonna miss you guys." I said.

I put my hand over my mouth, sobbing as I walked off the stage, walking over to Naya and pulling her into my lap.

She wrapped her arms around me, letting me rest my head on her chest, tears falling from both of our eyes.

-time skip-

I watched as they lowered the caskets into the ground, tears falling from my eyes. I reached over and wrapped my arm around Alex's waist, both of us crying.

Once the caskets were in the ground we all kinda just stood there, tears and all, just trying to soak everything in.

"Ok, come on babes." I said, picking Naya up and holding her. "Corey, Owen, you guys have to go with me." I said. They nodded and followed me, the other two boys going to their cars so they can meet us at my house.

We walked inside and I set Naya down, watching her run to her room to play with her toys.

"You boys, are gonna be moving in with me, so I'll show you where your rooms are gonna be." I said before waving them to follow me.

-another time skip-

We all sat on the couch, watching our parents favorite movie, zombieland. "Guys, even though mom and dad are gone, let's make a pact." I said, sitting up more.

"Every year, on mom and dads anniversary, on dads birthday, moms birthday, mother's and Father's Day, we go to their grave and put flowers. And! Every Friday night, we do movie night and watch old movies." I said.

"Deal! For mom and dad." Alex said, putting his hand in. "For mom and dad." We all said, putting our hands on top of his.

~~

That's it guys. That's the end. Thanks for reading, while you're at it, why not check out some of my other books. Bye!!
Sincerely,
The author 😂