PERCYs and Perskies

Finnick Odair is my brother? The thing that pains me was seeing him being able to have a happy time with his dad, our dad. Annabeth's hand waves over my face. "Percy? Are you ok, we have to get to the registration or the Capitol will have our tongues." I realize that I was staring off in space. 

"Oh, sorry yeah... let's go before um yeah..." I follow her into the town square. 

"You're upset aren't you. Is it about how your father is able to spend time with his kids now."

"I'm fine Annabeth, let's just go." I snap at her, "I want to be able to still talk by the end of this." I pass her on the way to the city. It was about 10 seconds before I realized she wasn't following  me. She was still where she stopped.

"If you didn't want me to come then you could have just told me." She starts walking back the other way.

"No Annabeth wait!" I run to her and stop in front of her. "I didn't mean it like that."

"It's fine Percy, I'm going to go to district 2 with Reyna... you can stay here. Don't volunteer whatever the case." She goes around me and starts to run. Luckily I could run faster than her so I grabbed her wrist and pulled her back to me. "Let me go, we obviously need a break. We've been together for 2 years, I knew this was coming."

"No, I'm sorry, you are right. Seeing my dad being able to hangout with his other kids hurt me." She still wasn't facing me.

"Percy please let me go." She starts struggling more and more to get her wrist out of my grasp. She was stronger than me but I wasn't letting her go no matter what.

"Annabeth look at me." She finally faces me and I see her red, watery, eyes. "I didn't mean to snap at you. Please stay here, I need you, otherwise I'll probably get killed by the hour is over."

She shows a bit of a smile. "Honestly you would probably find some way to drown." Annabeth comes closer to me and embraces me in a bear hug.

"Let's go Wise Girl." We start walking into town. 

"Remember no Tesserae."

"Why, what happens if you sign up for it?"  Yes I watched the movies, but that doesn't mean that I payed attention.

"It means you get a year supply of food and fuel, basically all the necessities, in return for your name being put in the lottery more times." 

"Ok I get it, no Tesserae." We get into the line of people to sign up for the games and wait to sign up for our possible doom.