My name is REYNA AVILA RAMÍREZ-ARELLANO (district 2)

The crowd is loud, really loud. People swearing, people fighting, and people just talking. I just stand there. I'm on the edge and as close to the stage as possible for my age so I can run to the front as fast as I can. I stand here just thinking about what could go wrong. Has anyone else volunteered that wasn't supposed to. They wouldn't do that, did everyone go to the correct district? We said anyone solo had to volunteer, plus Piper and Jason. Could the plan have gone wrong? What if we are all reaped? We can't all be! Nico and Will are in the same district, only one male tribute from each district is allowed.

"Quiet down, Quiet down." I finally realize a stocky man with pale makeup and obviously too many facelifts. He has a slight beard dyed blue and his hair was died pink. He had a pastel pink suit with some design with no name. "I am your new district 2 escort, my name is Cassius Adair. Now please direct your attention to the screens." A very glorified Capitol version of the dark days.

I hear the girls around me whispering over nothing, about how they would fight for the Capitol if it came to another war, oh these people have no idea. The video ended and everyone started clapping. "Let's announce the female tribute." His voice is very snobbish. He puts his arm elbow deep in the bowl. I knew that in order to have a chance I needed to be the first one to volunteer. "And the fe-"

"I volunteer as tribute!" I yell out running towards the stage anyone that tried to stop me got a face full of you fist. Once I got past the 15 year olds I had no competition. I ran, not looking back, not looking to see who was trying to beat me to the stage. I know I started a chain reaction I didn't care I was about five feet from the stage, four feet, three feet, two, one, I made it first. 

Cassius helped me up, his hands were smooth, like they haven't worked a day in their lives. "Oh wow miss, the person you just volunteered for was miss Calista Brick." I see a girl in the 15 year old crowd look up to the sky and appears to thank the gods.  Maybe not all of these kids wanted to have eternal glory. "Now what is your name miss?"

"I am Reyna Avila Ramírez-Arellano, and I will bring pride to my district." I look back to see the nurse from school smiling. She was with a someone, a female, about her age, this girl had black hair. I wondered who it was and why they looked so close to the school nurse.

"Ok Reyna, it's time to pick your partner tribute." He shuffles to the boys bowl, guessing that this job was basically useless. Like me the first volunteer didn't wait for the name to be called. I see a familiar face in the crowd trying to get up to the stage, he was gaining on them, it was Maverick Deerhart. I slightly wanted him to be the one who came with me. He only had to pass one more person and he was gaining on him pretty quickly. He was within arms length of his only competition, he grabbed the back of the guys shirt and yanked him back springing himself forward he jumped on stage with ease and winning the hearts of the crowd. "Oh, congrats sir, you just released Justus Blade from the games. What is your name?"

"Maverick Deerhart." There was a whooping sound, a man in his 30s started cheering him on, how could this kid have known his sister. She died a year before he was born, maybe he missed the idea of having a sister, the idea he never got to claim.

"Congratulations you two, root in your tributes, Reyna Avila Ramírez-Arellano and Maverick Deerhart." Everyone starts clapping, well except the other kids wanting to join the games.