I'm JASON GRACE (district 1)

The lady announcing the tributes, Roxie, started shuffling through the bowl of female tribute names. Before she could fully announce the name people started yelling that they wanted to volunteer. I started worrying when I realized Piper wasn't one of them. The girls started fist fighting, they stopped after hearing someone yell, "I VOLUNTEER FOR TRIBUTE!" I see Piper run out into aisle, no one tries to stop her until about 20 feet away from the stage. Piper punches the girl in the jaw sending her to the ground. Piper gets on stage.

"Well Sapphire Glam you just got out of the games." Roxie said in her 'too-good-for-you' voice.

One of the girls who was having a fist fight in the aisle stands up. "ARE YOU SERIOUS!" She yells out.

"Well, anyways, let's just get to the point. What is your name miss?" Roxie asks extending her hand towards Piper.

"Piper, Piper McLean." She says looking around, probably looking for me.

"Ok Piper, nice to meet you. Let's see who your fellow tribute is." Roxie says putting her arm about elbow deep she plucked a piece of paper from the bowl. She walked all the way back to the mic stand. "And the male tribute is-" She gets interrupted again.

"I volunteer as tribute." This time they seemed less into it. But the next seemed just like the others. Then the next, again another brawl, but peacekeepers had to get involved.

"I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE!" I say walking at first, then running up to the stage. Unlike Piper, there wasn't anyone to stop me. I look back and there are still people brawling it out throwing themselves at each other.

"Hip hip, everyone we have our tribute." All the boys stop fighting. And slump down back to their spots in the crowd. "So what is your name sir?" I see Piper grinning ear to ear.

"My name is Jason Grace." I say with determination.

"Ok, ok, shake hands now, you must be friendly with each other." Piper starts to walk towards the center of stage and so do I. We shake hands with no hesitation. "Meet your 55th annual Huger Games tributes, Piper McLean and Jason Grace." All the younger kids and the adults clap, but no one ages 16-18 clapped.

Peacekeepers guided us inside the city hall. The trip to certain doom Has started.