Prepping PIPER

Today would be the last day of peace with the other tributes. We were all getting ready for the final interview, the last chance to get sponsors. I was one of the lower scoring careers so I had to astound the crowd with my looks, and maybe a little charm. Today was different from the prep for the parade, today we all had separate rooms, not just one room with curtains to change behind. My eyes fell on the puff or bright pink tulle I would be wearing. 

"Hello hello Miss Piper. I am going to make you look fabulous." My stylist was wearing his hair in a big 60's beehive. He called in the prep team, they washed me down and put on a fresh coat of makeup. "Now for the dress!" He takes the dress off of the mannequin.

"This is beautiful, how long did you spend on this?" I say as he walks towards me.

"Oh the sketch took about a day then sewing took about a day. This has to be an important dress for a very beautiful young lady." He helps me get into it, which was awkward to say the least. "Now, I see you didn't chop off any more of your hair, so let's fix that."

"Just don't make it look too out there, nothing like the parade." He gives a slight nod. He left most of my hair down with one small bun up top. He curled the hair that was left down.

"Ok, ok, just remember make the crowd love you, but more importantly make the game makers like you. I'd say your life depended on it, but it actually does and I don't want to go there." He holds me in a hug.

"I'll see you tomorrow Atlas, just wish me luck." I walked out of the room seeing a lot of beautiful outfits, I got in place, I was the first one to go. I would have all of the audience's attention on me. The final person came out, Percy. Caesar Flickerman was more flamboyant than Suzanne Collins and the movies depicted.

"Hello! Hello! Today I get the pleasure to talking to our tributes! And this year is promised to be interesting, there were 9 volunteers, including one from 12. But we will see how promising they are in the Arena, welcome Piper!" I smooth out my dress and walk out with all the practice I've had being Tristan McLean's daughter. He puts out his hand and guides me into my seat. The true games have begun.