PERCY's Last Kiss

*Warning, you may think I'm more evil than before, correction you will. Also this chapter has over 1300 words, which is over double what I normally do so yay!!! Long tormenting chapter ahead*

I fell asleep with Annabeth curled up beside me, she was warm and gentle. It reminded me of the night at the Argo II, just this time there wouldn't be a Coach Hedge. I didn't want to go asleep, I could just tell these dreams would be worse than in Tartarus. I was in a room, it looked like the training arena in the Capitol, just 10 times as big. There were some archers, some people attacking dummies.

"Coin! Good job, your mother should be proud." A girl, maybe 12-13 Was sparing against the man who had said that. 

"Thanks Boggs, you're not to bad yourself."

"Good one Harlow, you are the best sparrer here, I hadn't seen a legacy this good for a long time."

"Boggs, we have a new arrival, Harlow, come as well, she'll need some help." An older lady, probably Harlow's mom by the similarities between them, had came in and took the two away

The scene went dark, I was outside of the cave, I was almost wanted to walk back in and see everyone, Jason was no longer outside, now it was Nico and Will.

"You know, only one of us can make it out, people will have to turn on each other." Nico was resting his head on Will, it just looked like he was tired, but that was the most affection you could get from Nico.

"Yeah, I call killing that Maverick guy." Nico had a sword, he was slowly sharpening it.  There were steps coming from the cave entrance.

"What the hades? No I call it." as if he could be summoned just by the called of his name, Maverick appeared.

"Not if I kill you first." Nico and Will jumped, Maverick unsheathed both of his swords and stabbed them both. I jolt up to a scream from Annabeth, she wakes up as well. I look around and see Maverick is no longer in here.

"Nico and Will..." I run outside into the night, there they were, Will was still holding onto Nico's hand. Two canons go off in the distance, in the sky it shows there faces, Will's first then Nico's. Their outfits were soaked in crimson blood, Annabeth ran out behind me.

"What happened? Did Maverick?"

"Maverick came out here and just killed them, then he ran off that way." I pointed towards the woods.

"What will we tell Bee? Or Jason and Reyna for that matter?" She muttered the second part.

"Just let them sleep for now. Looks like Maverick took their swords, I'll grab you a dagger." I kissed her on the forehead. Reyna was sitting up with a groggy look in her eyes. "Go back to sleep, Annabeth and I have first watch." She nodded softly and went back to her dreams.

Two days had past, I refused to leave the ocean. Bee stayed with us, but only because of Frank. Bee reminded me of Bianca, not because of her looks, the only similarity between them is the dark hair, they just acted the same.

"We need to leave soon, Maverick will be back, he knows we are here." Leo protested while eating a piece of fish I had caught the day before.

"I am not leaving, plus the ocean has been a steady food source." I said, I moved the water to the point that the mist would make it look like a normal wave.

"Well I feel a machine coming near, possibly Electra has made something." Leo threw a piece of driftwood into the fire. Jason, Piper, and Reyna were sharpening the weapons. 

"Well what do you call that, geeky senses?" Jason teased him. I look back towards the fire and walk back over by Annabeth.

"What do you think sweetie, what should we do?" She smiled and looked at me.

"I don't know, no matter what we do there is a negative, I personally think staying here is the best option, what are the chances of Maverick thinking we stayed here? With Jason, Reyna, and I on one team, that's enough battle strategy to know to move. Henceforth we will stay where we are." Leo let out a groan. Annabeth was fidgeting with her engagement ring, such a beautiful thing on a beautiful girl.

"Fine, but if we get killed, it's your fault." Leo huffs and puts the tip of a sword into the fire making it glow red.

"If I am the cause for us to go to the underworld sure, I'll take that blame." The fire crackled but it was still daylight and Jason was manipulating the wind to blow the smoke away.

"Annabeth, come help me get some fish." I pulled her away from the group.

Reyna yelled at us, "Get us some sponsors while you're at it if you can, otherwise what's the point of your engagement!" It was a joke, and I knew it, but it stung. To Maverick that was all some of us were, people to use for sponsors, but we delivered too late and he had already killed us.

We get to the shore and I pushed her into the water. "Hey! Kelp head!" She spit water out of her mouth and splashed me. This led to a full out war, and you never start a water war with the son of Poseidon. We laughed, it sounded unfamiliar in the games, like a simulated Tartarus. "You're thinking of Tartarus aren't you?"

"Yeah, this place is way less dark, and definitely lacking the whole 'I'm walking through my step-great-grandfather's body' thing." I smiled, it was confusing to think about that.

"I can make it feel a little more like Tartarus, at least that's familiar."  

"No thank y-" She shut me up by pulling me into a kiss. She smelled of salt water and sweat.  I ran my fingers through her wavy hair. I hear one of our allies whistle but I didn't care, I was holding her. It almost felt like we could have a future together, even though I know that would be impossible now. We pulled away, I see the whistler, it was Piper, of course. We walk up back to camp.

"I'm going to go grab a knife, anyone need anything?" Annabeth asked, nobody needed anything so she started walking back to the cavern, I turn back to the group for a split second and hear a shrill scream. I jerk around and see Annabeth collapsed trying to push herself back up. There was an arrow sticking out of her back, a clear shot that I knew would kill her.

I grab my sword instinctively and run to her, I am intercepted by the boy from 11. "We're being ambushed." I hear Reyna yell out. I swing my sword knowing that all I needed right now was to get to my wise girl. I hate to get gory here but I sliced off his lower arm sending him rolling over in pain, the sand turned red. I get to her and just hold her up avoiding the arrow.

"Percy, I-" 

"No, it's fine, just go to sleep, I'll be there when you wake up." I let her close her eyes and go limp in my arms, I here a canon go off. I look around knowing who must've led this attack. I don't see Maverick though, not until I look in the trees, holding the same bow that killed Annabeth. He was just sitting there watching the bloodshed that had started between the demigods and the rest of the tributes. 

That coward!

(Also sorry, I am really sorry, I was crying while writing this)