FRANK's Weakness

I held her, nothing could separate us, but something did. She was dead again, I wanted to die now, but I knew Hazel would be mad if I did. I cried, I didn't care that I was supposed to be tough. I sat there with her until the sun started to set, I kissed her forehead for the last time and walked over to the small campfire we had.

"We shouldn't have this fire going, it will show that we are here." Annabeth said as I sat down. 

"And we have 11 of the remaining 17 tributes, we can take anybody who comes." Maverick laughed at the thought of him dying.

"Well, I'm going to set up my stuff in our shelter, Percy come with me." She stood up and yanked Percy along with her.

"Don't go making out or anything!" Leo yelled out at them. I watched as they approached Hazel, I expected them to just walk past her, but instead they placed a flower in her hair, when they got it I didn't know.

"So, who has first watch tonight?" Piper asked.

"I will." Nico said, I wondered why, had he been getting too much sleep? I don't think so, I don't think I had ever seen that kid actually sleep for more than an hour at a time.

"No, you will not, you need sleep. I'll take first watch." Will retaliated. Those two were not doing well at hiding their affection for each other, and those were the only two who had to keep it together for the cameras.

"Look, both of you get some sleep, I'll take watch tonight." Jason grabbed his sword, suddenly a big gust of wind came and blew out our fire, no doubt caused by Jason.

"Ok, the tributes should be shown soon, so Frank if you want to stay and watch go ahead." Piper said, if I didn't know these two I would have thought it was a plot to kill me.

"Yeah, I'll stay out with you two until it's over."

Finally, there were 7 canon shots in the distance, then some music, the national anthem maybe, started playing. There was a projection on the sky, of the same emblem on the hovercraft we saw back in the woods. Faces started flashing along with their district below, the girl and boy from 5, the girl from 6, Hazel, and both from 8. 

Jason patted me on the back, I felt a tear fall down my cheek. "It's ok, she'll be fine."