"PIPER, let me say something, you're dead."

District 1, careers, Jason and me. Our escort, Roxie Tika, and our mentor was Lux (she wouldn't give her last name to two "nobodies".)  Lux seemed like the typical high school mean girl. She was about 28 based on her looks. She had tan skin, had a perfect hour glass figure, and straight platinum blonde hair. She was pretty, no denying that, but there was something off about her looks. It had been a few hours on the train before I realized what it was, there was a scar tracing the right side of her jaw.

"So Piper, how much experience in combat do you have?" Lux asked me.

"Oh, well I've trained for about a year in close combat, about a few months with long distance." This made her face distort as if she was holding in a laugh.

"And you Jason, I can see just by your looks you've trained more than her." She emphasizes her as if it was a bad thing.

"Oh, well, yeah, I have been training in hand combat since I was 5, with swords since I was 10, bows and ballistae since about 11, and I've been trying to learn some new sword techniques for about a year." I know he was just answering a question, but it kind of felt like he was showing off.

"Oh, seems like I've got a winner this year." Lux says, I know she didn't mean me.

"Well, Lux, you weren't so impressive at the start of the games either." Roxie says, I almost forgot she was in the room.

"Yeah, but that was the plan, to act like I knew nothing." She was like Johanna, she got a low rating so no one thought of her as a threat. 

"Oh, well, I would like to say I'm a quick learner, so yeah." I say, I almost want to charmspeak her out of this train car.

"I don't care how quick of a learner you are, you have to have experience! So Piper, let me tell you something, you're dead. The second that canon goes off you are dead meat. The only chance you have is finding allies and getting sponsors." Lux says. I try to ignore her, I can't take it, I stand up and walk straight out of the dining car and don't look back.