The Name's VALDEZ, LEO VALDEZ

The crowd was slow, everyone was fidgety and wanting to code or wire something new. Was moving the whole time waiting for the thing to start. Standing there I made a flying contraption out of paper from my pocket. It could fly on its own and kind of looked like a small version of Festus.  I start looking around to see who was in the crowds, Hestia was in the female tributes crowd disguised as a twelve year old. Then Ariadne was in the adults crowd looking worried. I wonder if Dionysus had a half blood that they took care of in this crowd, or maybe she was just playing the part. Maybe she was concerned about me, doubtful though, I'm always the forgotten one. Then I start looking again, anywhere, for a possible god or goddess. 

I see a man on the stage that was obviously from a different place than everyone else. He gets our attention, says his name (it's Julius) and puts on a small documentary. It wasn't as boring as feared but I still got sidetracked easily.

"Now time to choose the female tribute." Julius sticks his hand into the bowl on my right and plucks a paper from the middle of the bowl. "The female tribute is Electra..." I tune out before he finishes. A girl about 13 by her looks with light brown hair walks hesitantly out of the crowd. Julius waves her to come on and get closer. "Now, let's get onto our male tribute." I start to get anxious and start to doubt my decision to volunteer. I see that Julius plucked a name straight from the top the time. "The male tribute is By-"

"I.... I volunteer as tribute." I blurt out, was this rude to not let him finish? His face distorts in surprise, obviously his first time seeing a volunteer live. I start to leave slowly, the crowd parts around me, some more eager to than others. I get to the walkway and start to panic. What did I just do... Reyna would have been mad if I didn't follow the plan.

"Hello young man, hat is your name." He says, I want to say something snarky, just because I knew this girl beside me was doomed.

"The name's Valdez, Leo Valdez." James Bond? Really that's all I could come up with... ok well I guess I'm ready to die.