Chapter Ten

Sophie skipped out of the English room that was next to Chris's class. Two more halls she told herself as she walked the same path Chris had. Smiling she ran over to PJ, "hi PJ" she waved stepping by his side. "Come on lovers, let's go... and please no hardcore making out in my car." Chris sighed leading his friends out of the school and to his car. "PJ do you and Sophie want to sit in the back?" Chris asked opening his car door. "Sure" PJ beamed leading Sophie to the back seat before the two sat next to each other. "Phil, front seat or back next to PJ?" Chris asked getting in the car. Phil opened the passenger door "I'll sit here I don't want to third wheel" he giggled buckling up. Chris nodded "everyone buckled in?" He asked looking back at PJ and Sophie. Both nodded as PJ gave a thumbs up. Chris looked at Phil humming an okay. He started up his car and drove away.

*at the tree house*

Chris parked his car in the forest poking Phil "Phil we're here" he whispered making Phil jump and his eyes shot open. "PJ!" Chris shouted as he clapped his hands together. "Dan is waiting for all of you." Chris motioned to the tree house.

Everyone nodded quickly getting out of the car. "Race you there!" PJ shouted running away. Phil giggled running after him and Sophie. Stopping Phil looked behind him "Chris, are you coming?" Phil asked looking at the male. "Yeah, in a minute" he nodded "go ahead" he shooed Phil away. Phil shook his head "I'm staying. What's wrong?" Phil asked walking back to the car. "Nothing" Chris brushed it off. Phil didn't take that as an answer getting back in the car. "Talk to me" Phil turned toward the other boy. "Its nothing really." Chris looked out his window at the tree house.

Phil pieced together what was happening. "Chris is it possible you feel upset that PJ hangs out with Sophie more than you?" Chris closed his eyes still facing his window he stayed silent. "Chris, it's senior year it's our last year to be kids and have fun before we have to grow up. Sure it's scary but sadly it's life. PJ doesn't mean to push you away he is just excited about having other friends you know?" Phil still was looking toward Chris.

"And how would you know?" Chris asked still not looking Phil's way. "PJ was Dan's best friend but then when Dan and I hung out more that made PJ a little jealous so he started to hang out with Sophie and the more they talked the closer they became. If he doesn't see you as the laid back person or friend you are he doesn't deserve you as a friend especially if he picks Sophie over you." Phil spoke staring out at the tree house.