Chapter Thirteen

PJ nodded "thank you, I promise that you will always be my friend" Chris nodded looking down. "I'm sorry for making such a fuss-" PJ held out his hand "no its okay I get it, you were upbeat and I was blinded not to see that. I'm sorry if it felt like we fell out." Chris nodded before a smile slipped onto his face. "Hey PJ would you like to explore?" Chris raised an eyebrow. "I know you love adventures?" Chris hoped PJ would say yes and go with him. "Sure I do, what are you thinking though?" PJ asked laughing. "Not important come on let's go!" Chris jumped up and climbed out of the tree house PJ followed in suit. "Follow me!" Chris shouted running through the forest. PJ raised an eyebrow before smiling racing after Chris. Both boys let the wind whip through thier hair as they dodged and weaved through the forest. The leaves crunched under their feet as they sped up. Chris smiled as he halted to a stop. "Welcome to the stream!" He pointed to the stream in front of him smiling proudly.

"Chris it's so colorful here. When did you find this place?" PJ looked around in awe. "I first found this place in ninth grade. Sometimes you just need your own place to get away from it all and become more comfortable and that's when I found this place. I haven't shown anyone this place except you and Phil." Chris sat down on a rock looking out at the crystal water. PJ sat beside him "thank you for bringing me here." PJ hugged Chris "sometimes people just need to show sides of them that others haven't seen." Chris shrugged "and I know this isn't much but this is a place where all my worries melt away and I feel safest." Chris got up and grabbed a rock examining it in his hand.

PJ agreed "everyone feels lonely at some point and wants to just go out and feel better whether its physically, emotionally" or mentally" Chris bowed his head "yeah, true" PJ stood up and grabbed a rock as well. "Now what shall we do?" He giggled