Chapter Twenty-Nine

Dan sat down on a bench watching PJ pace faster. "PJ have you considered how you feel about him? He may be your best friend but more can still happen and friendship can go further or you know" Dan shut up before he let PJ be. "Should I go?" Dan asked standing "I don't know" PJ stopped pacing "I think I should go" PJ began to walk away and out of the courtyard. "PJ why are you leaving through the gates?" Dan asked confused "I don't know. Just I'm going to go. I need to think." PJ hopped the gate and waved a farewell to Dan. He breathed out as his thoughts began to weigh him down as each step he took felt heavier.

He wanted to go home and just stare at a wall to think. He wanted to feel not confused. Sighing he put his ear buds in and listened to a Zelda soundtrack to calm down as he walked home. When he arrived home he removed his glasses and face planted on his bed. His once silent room was filled with screams of confusion as they vibrated off his pillow making his face warm. Shortly after he drifted off to sleep.

Dan sat at school he couldn't handle seeing PJ feel lost. Dan texted Phil, "bring snacks, and your switch. Let's meet here in the courtyard. We can visit PJ" a moment later Dan's phone chimed "okay 😊" Dan waited for Phil before they left school on a mission to cheer PJ up.