Chapter Twenty-One

Dan sat on the ground frowning. "I really do like PJ though... don't I?" Dan fumbled with his shirt. "I hope he's available" Dan entered PJ's number into his call log and PJ picked up on the second ring "yes?" He asked as if he was just sleeping "I-" Dan befan to cry unable to.hold back his emotions. "Dan what is it?" PJ asked concerned "where are you we can talk?" PJ rose from his bed. "There's no need... I it's stupid I'll just see you-" PJ cut Dan off "what is up?" PJ asked Dan sniffled "I like you!" He shouted causing PJ to drop his phone. "Dan... I'm not trying to be rude but I don't see you that way okay? You're my best friend and I love you for that. I know you feel like you're trapped between what's really and what's not but what you have for me is fleeting. You don't like me... You like Phil I've seen it. You get so excited when he's around. You laugh with each other. Exchange clothes. Cuddle. You and I... we just talk like friends. I know you feel hurt but take the time you need for yourself yeah? Don't jump to conclusions because you're more than your label or gender. You're a human Dan, and one who has feelings even when they feel out od control. It's okay to be human. It's okay to be yourself." Dan sniffled "I'll let you go thank you" Dan hung up and called Phil.

"Please come back so we can talk. My feelings are chaotic and I want you to know that I love your smile. I love your laugh. I love your eyes. I love the chemistry that we have that we can't explain. I love your voice. Your attitude. You overall. I love you." Dan cried again letting his eyes pool with tears.

"And I love your bravery. Your courage. Your strength. I'm glad that you feel the same about me. We can meet in twenty minutes and we can sleep over in the treehouse and watch cheesy movies and cuddle if you'd like? I'll bring snacks." Dan giggled through tears "yes I'd love that thank you Phil." Dan wiped his eyes and sat in a bean bag chair in the tree house.