Chapter Thirty-Four

Honey pooled eyes locked with ocean blue as Dan leaned in and kissed Phil deeply. His heart beating a mile a minute as he watched Phil deepen the kiss. The kiss was full of the good and bad. Black and white. Sun and moon. Phil leaned back on PJ's couch as he and Dan continued kissing. The room felt so light and empty as if it was revolving around them. "Dan, I don't want to lose you." Phil breathed out putting his head against Dan's "you'll never" Dan smiled a bright smile at the boy. Their lips locked again as they took every breathing moment to be near one another. "Dan?" Dan hummed "will you be my forever?" Phil mumbled against Dan's lips. "Always" Dan replied the two pulled away. Their eyes dialated and grew lighter. Smiles brighter than the sun painted on their faces. Hair roughed up a bit but over all they didn't care. "I have a letter for you." Dan pulled a green envelope from his pocket. Phil giggled "okay." He ripped open the letter.

Dear Phil,

Can you believe it only takes four hours scientifically to fall in love with someone. It's kind of cheesy, and it's kind of romantic in some way. When I first met you at your locker this year I didn't know that you would become the one I think about before I go to sleep and the one I think about when I wake up.

I didn't realize that we would become friends and so much more. You gave me à new outlook on life. I don't have to write letters anymore when I say. Philip Michael Lester, everyday I spend with you the deeper I fall for you. What we have is special and you are the one who makes me smile when I feel as if I can't. You are my best friend, my lover and so much more through life. Its only been three and à half months but god Phil, I love you. I love everything about you. These letters were for when I didn't feel brave but now I feel brave enough because of you. I now have the courage to tell you. I'm in love with you. Shocker I know, but you are my very best friend who understands what others don't. When you read this letter just know this might be the last because I want to look you in the eyes when I say this-'

"Dan-" "you are my first love. My best friend. My lover. My soulmate even. What we have cannot be described in the 171,476 words that are with in the English language. We're born into this world to grow up and be successful and I'm only eighteen but I know that so much has already happened in my life. So much I wish to remember when I grow old. So much that I can look back and smile through happy tears. You are my forever. My home and my safe place." Dan finshed smiling through tears watching as Phil sat frozen thinking he kissed Dan.