Chapter Five: Need a Ride?

Lisa's P.O.V.

"Not you again."

Those were the first words I heard when I walked into the gym. I didn't practice yesterday because I went to the mall with Irene and Seulgi, so I definitely needed some more time today. But, lo and behold, I was met by the same blonde priss from a few days before. She came earlier than usual, so I guess she was trying to avoid me. Believe me, the feeling was mutual.

"Nice to see you too," I replied, taking off my team jacket.

I purposely placed it on the opposite side of the bleachers so that she wouldn't yell at me for invading her personal space. I grabbed one of the basketballs from the rack and started dribbling. Hopefully, I could work on my form for three-pointers. Those might be useful in the game.

"Can you keep that racket down?" Rosé yelled from the bleachers.

"My apologies, your majesty," I said while dribbling. "but the last time I checked, this was a gym. Therefore, I have the right to dribble a basketball."

"Well some people have to do their homework, unlike you," she retorted.

"Who said I didn't do my homework?"

"Oh, please," she scoffed. "You skip class all the time and have a late assignment practically daily."

"Gee, I didn't know that you were elected as principal," I said, shooting the basketball.

"I should be. Then you would actually do your homework."

"What would you do if you were, huh?" I asked, moving closer to her. "Use your grandiose language to insult me? Cause you sure as hell do a fine job of that already."

"I'd most likely suspend you."

"Like that hasn't already happened," I shrugged, but then I felt a vibration in my pocket.

I took out my phone and saw a text from Jennie.

"I have another tutoring session with Jisoo today, so you don't need to drive me home. Try and get some extra practice in, okay? 😉"

I put it away, ready for Rosé to insult me again, but she was looking down at her phone. What a coincidence.

Just then, the bell rang, signaling the end of the day. Damnit. Because I was arguing with Rosé, I barely got any time to practice. But it's fine. I could do it at home anyway. I put the basketball back on the rack and slung my gym bag over my shoulder. I realized that Rosé was behind me, so I held the door open for her. I at least tried to be a decent human being.

"How chivalrous of you," she said with a sarcastic smile.

"Least I can do for the newly elected principal," I said with a wink.

She whipped her hair around to face me. "You can be a little annoying, you know that?"

"Well, you can be judgy."

"And I take that with pride."

We walked out of the school and I hurried over to my bike, expecting Rosé to walk to her car, but she just strolled on the sidewalk out of the school's perimeter. Was her house really that close? No, because it was near Seulgi's, which was at least a fifteen minute drive away. I pulled out of the parking lot and slowly drove along the sidewalk she was strolling on.

"Do you need a ride?" I asked, leaning over in my seat while keeping a hand on the handlebars.

She barely acknowledged my presence. "I'm perfectly fine, thank you."

"But you live all the way in West Heights," I said, concerned.

"How do you know that?" she countered.

"Seulgi lives right next door to you, right?"

"Yeah," she said. "But I still don't need any help. Good day, ma'am."

"Please let me drive you home?" I pleaded.

"No!" She motioned to my motorcycle. "I'm not getting on one of those deathtraps!"

"It doesn't bite."

"But I bet you do."

"I could say the same for you," I said. "C'mon, I'm just going to keep annoying you if you don't."

"You have a point there," she paused. "Fine, but only because you're doing those puppy dog eyes."

"Works every time." I winked, which she rolled her eyes at.

She sat behind me on my bike with a begrudging look on her face, but that didn't bother me. Clearly this was her first time on a motorcycle.

"You might need this," I said, handing her a spare helmet. I always kept one with me just in case.

Rosé attached the helmet quickly with shaky hands. Then, she slowly wrapped her arms around my waist. I giggled as she did so, never expecting that we'd be in this position.

"Why are you laughing?" Rosé asked, annoyed.

"You seem kinda scared," I said. "It's safe, Rosie."

"How do you know that?" she clapped back.

"Do you trust me?" I asked.

She reluctantly nodded her head. "Don't call me Rosie."

"As you wish, m'lady."

I may act like I despise Rosé, but I really don't. Although she has a tough exterior, I can tell that she's a good person. I've seen how she acts around other people that aren't me. She's much more kind and welcoming. I don't know what's got her hating me so much, but I really hope I can break through to her. Besides, I am the charming Lalisa Manoban.

I gave Rosé one of my "charming" smiles and started the engine, which made her jump against me. I couldn't help but laugh a bit through the roaring sound the bike made. Quickly, we accelerated forward and drove on. Rosé squealed a bit. I'd never seen her so vulnerable before. To be honest, it was kind of alluring. Her arms tightened around my waist as she pulled me slightly closer to her. I beamed. I love a clingy girl.

I pulled up to her house and cut the engine abruptly. I felt Rosé relax against me, but then she quickly let go of my waist. She brushed off her skirt and hopped onto the concrete driveway.

"Thanks for the ride," she said a bit quietly.

"Anytime, m'lady." I winked, which she rolled her eyes at, yet again.

"God, you're such a flirt," she muttered as she walked into her house.

I lingered in her driveway for a second, making sure that she was safe. Why did I want to make sure of that so adamantly? To be honest, I had no idea. I guess I just had a feeling. A feeling in my gut that made me want to help her open up. After our ride, it seemed to me that she's really misunderstood. That could be the optimism kicking in, but it seemed to be much more than that.