Chapter Thirty: Another Drink, Please

Jennie's P.O.V.

"What if she's here?" Lisa said quickly next to me. "She'd probably slap me in the face and yell at me again. But what if it's worse? What if she completely ignores me the entire time? What if I never get the chance to explain myself? What if-"

"Lisa!" I yelled, stopping her dead in her tracks. "Calm down." I grabbed her hand and held it for a moment. "You're here to have fun and not worry about girls. And look at you. You look like a million bucks. No one can be sad in this outfit."

She smiled. "Thanks, Jen."

I took her arm as we walked into the beautiful penthouse suite. It gave me an old Hollywood glamour vibe, which I personally loved. There were a good amount of people that I recognized, including Yeji. I tried to avoid her stare as Lisa and I walked over to the bar.

"What'll it be, ladies?" A familiar voice said.

I quickly turned around to see a boy with dark hair and a dapper outfit leaning against the bar. I'd know those tousled locks and that dashing smirk anywhere.

"Tae? What are you doing here?" I asked. "I didn't think you drank."

"I don't," he said. "But I do have an affinity for the art of cocktail mixing. Plus, Vyk's gonna pay me a hundred per hour since she couldn't get anyone else on hand."

"You continue to surprise me."

"I do try," Taehyung smirked. "So, what for you, Miss Head Cheerleader?"

I shuddered at the name. It was a constant reminder that I would have to relinquish my role of head cheerleader to Yeji before the end of the week, which bothered me. That evil girl has no idea of the struggles that come with that position. All she wants is power, not the responsibility.

"A mimosa, if you don't mind," I turned to Lisa. "You, Lis?"

"Just a Diet Coke for me, Tae," she gave him a smile as he whisked away to make our beverages.

"No beer tonight?" I asked.

She shook her head. "Nope. I think alcohol will make everything worse."

"Suit yourself," I said, taking a large gulp of my drink.

"Lisa!" A shrill voice rang out amongst the crowd.

Vyk ran as quickly as her Louboutins could take her. She wrapped her arms around Lisa tightly, as if she had her in a loving choke hold. Damn, this girl was more energetic than I remembered. She sat down next to the blonde, eyeing her up and down.

"Hey, Vyk," Lisa forced a smile. "Nice party."

"Thanks!" she beamed. "Did y'all bring your swimsuits? There's a hot tub out back in case you want to get..." she bit her lip while looking at Lisa. "...steamy."

"Nope, but thanks for the offer." I downed my mimosa.

"Alright, well I'll be around if you need me." She walked away, her pink dress shimmering with each step.

"I see why you didn't want to drink now." Taehyung handed me another mimosa, which I gladly gulped down.

"You know what happened last time," she sighed. "Plus, I don't want to over-complicate anything else."

"Jennie!"

I turned around to see Jisoo coming towards me, a look of concern plastered on her face. She seemed a bit angered too, which worried me. I was about to take another sip of my drink, but she grabbed it swiftly out of my hand.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"Drinking," I answered plainly. "What does it look like I'm doing?"

"Jen, can I talk with you? Alone?" Jisoo took my wrist in her hand as Lisa motioned for me to go with her.

"Hey, Jisoo?" Lisa said. "Is Rosé anywhere?"

Jisoo nodded. "Yeah, she's on the roof. She wanted some air."

"Thanks."

With that, she swept me into an empty room and shut the door. She checked every space to make sure that no one else was there, which confused me.

"Why so secretive?" I asked.

"Jennie, are you out of your mind?" she yelled.

"What do you mean? I was only drinking."

She came closer to me, staring into my eyes intensely. I didn't break her gaze, admiring the golden flecks that shone in her chocolate orbs. I felt her hand touch my stomach as my breath hitched. Something about that sent fireworks off in my heart. That was, until she broke the feeling.

"Have you forgotten the literal child in your stomach?"

Fuck.

Deep down, I knew she was right. I shouldn't have been so careless. For a few glimmering moments, I had actually forgotten about the baby in my stomach. But it was a stupid mistake. What if I had just ruined my child's life before they were even born?

"Jisoo, I-"

"It's okay, Jen." She placed her hand on my shoulder. "I know that you weren't thinking about that. Just be careful."

I nodded. "I promise."

"Now, be honest with me." Jisoo's hand trailed down my arm. "How many glasses did you have?"

"Two, at least," I responded. "Is that bad?"

"Potentially, but I'm no doctor." Her hand fit in mine perfectly. "Whatever happens, we'll get through it together, okay?"

She squeezed my hand a bit, which made me chuckle. "Always."

Without hesitation, I grabbed the side of her face, pulling it closer to mine. My lips collided with hers passionately as her arm slipped around my waist. She kissed back even harder, forcing me to fall backwards onto the bed behind me. I chuckled into the kiss, feeling up and down Jisoo's arm.

"You're fucking beautiful," I whispered, my voice hoarse.

"I could say the same for you," she smirked.

I went back in for another kiss, pulling her down a bit closer to me. My hand ran through her hair gently as her strong arms held me down to the bed. In that moment, I would've given it all to her. My fingertips trailed down her back delicately. I slowly pulled down the zipper on the back of her purple dress.

"Well, well, well."