Chapter Twenty-Five: Caught

Rosé's P.O.V.

I opened my locker to find a cute little heart shaped note sitting inside. It was rather impressive folding, but I knew that it wasn't done by the person who wrote it. The writing may have not been considered "perfect penmanship," but it was cute nonetheless. Plus, it was in blue, my favorite color. That was probably just a coincidence.

I opened the note and read the message inside: "Meet me in the gym at 3. - Lisa"

My cheeks reddened as I folded it up and stuck it in my pocket. Why was I getting this way around her? I normally was able to keep my composure, but lately I had been in an odd state of mind when it came to that blonde. She seemed to always be in my head, no matter how hard I tried to get her out of it.

I was still unsure of us. She kissed me, wrapped her arm around me, and wrote me a sweet note all in one day. Did that mean that we were more than friends? I wasn't completely sure. She'd never used the term "girlfriend," but she seemed to imply it. I had no idea.

"Rosé!" I heard a sweet voice a little ways down the hallway.

The cute redhead skipped a bit as she made her way to me, her auburn curls bouncing up and down with each step. There was rarely a day where Yeri wasn't smiling. She was basically a human sunbeam. She was the kindest person on campus and was the head of the environmentalists club as well as my vice president in the student council. Yeri knows a lot about the kids at this school, as she's very observant, but she never uses it as blackmail. Unlike another girl whose name starts with "Y"...

"Did you get my text?" she asked sweetly.

"What text?"

"The one about homecoming, of course!" she smiled. "Considering we are the presidential committee, we are the ones who have to decide on a theme."

"Shit, I forgot about that!" I exclaimed.

"It's okay," she said as we strolled to class. "You've had a lot on your mind lately. You want me to be at the forefront?"

"Would you?" I pleaded. "I hate to put all this pressure on you, but between student council and my college applications and testing and Lis-"

I stopped myself quickly before I said her name. I knew that the name "Lisa" was a sensitive topic for Yeri, and I didn't want to get into deep waters. She'd already had to put up with so much of my crap and she never complained. The least I could do was keep this one to myself.

"Lisa, right?" She looked up at me, a small smile still present.

"Yeah..." I sighed.

"Rosé."

"Yes?"

"You can talk to me," Yeri held my wrist lightly. "Don't think that you have to hide this. I know you like her."

"Me? Like Lisa?" I scoffed. "And why would I like her? She's a jock."

"God, you're terrible at lying," she chuckled.

"I'm not lying!" I tried to stand my ground, but Yeri was smarter than that.

"You always scoff when you're lying. Plus, your cheeks get all red and cute," she poked my cheek playfully, which made me laugh.

"They do not!" I shouted.

"Another sign," she giggled. "Your voice raises when you're lying."

I couldn't win. Yeri was just that good. I always admired her intelligence and her observant nature. She was the most attentive person I'd ever met, but also the most amiable.

"Fine, you got me," I sighed. "I maybe, sorta, potentially, kinda, hypothetically like her."

"Yes!" she cheered. "You've finally admitted it." She linked arms with me and started singing a bit. "Rosie's getting a girlfriend! Rosie's getting a girlfriend!"

"Shut up!" I playfully pushed her, which made her chuckle. "I'm not even gay."

"But you're not straight either."

Yeri did have a point. "I guess you're right."

"So, when's your first date?" she cooed.

"Date?" I asked. "I don't know. We're not even dating. I think I'd ruin her street cred."

Yeri pulled me by my pale pink ascot. "Listen to me, you little angel. If there's one thing that girls love more than other girls, it's intelligent, strong, confident women. Like you. So you've got to show her that's who you are. Give her the real Rosé. Nothing more, nothing less. Got it?"

I nodded quickly as she let go of me. "Yes, ma'am."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why was the minute hand so incredibly slow? My foot tapped impatiently as the ticking of the second hand rang in my ear. Yeri gave me a glare, but I didn't stop. Was it wrong to be this excited? Maybe, but I couldn't contain it. The minute the bell rang, I practically jumped out of my seat. Yeri stopped me before I ran into a trash can.

"I've never seen you like this, Rosie," she chuckled. "She's different for you, isn't she?"

"Maybe?" I replied. "I don't know."

Yeri put her hand on my shoulder and looked me in the eyes. "Go to her."

With that simple message, I felt like I had an immense amount of strength. Damn, she was really good at helping me boost my confidence. I gave her a quick hug before I walked down the opposite hallway. My steps were quick and fast as I wanted to make sure that I didn't leave her waiting. I was about to burst in through the doors when I caught a glimpse of something shocking.

Lisa was there with someone else.

She was pretty and attractive, which left me feeling uneasy. Her clothes looked expensive, especially her Chanel bag. Her hair was curled perfectly with the most gorgeous highlights. Her tanned fingers found their way up Lisa's toned chest, creeping around her neck.

Then, she kissed her.

Right in front of me.

That rich bitch Blair Waldorf wannabe just kissed my girlfr-

I stopped my train of thought and pulled myself away from the door. My steps down the hall were slow and steady, as if all my energy had been sucked out of me. I shouldn't have gotten so attached. This is what happens when you let people in. They treat you like you're worthless and then leave. I shouldn't be sad, truly. She was never mine to begin with.