Chapter Thirty-Three: Do you Think I'm Ready?

Jisoo's P.O.V.

Jennie had been laying on my chest for at least fifteen minutes. I wasn't sure if she was asleep or not, but she was cute nonetheless. I loved that she was so open now. The whole scene with Yeji left me in complete shock at how strong she was. I'd heard many things about her outbursts, but never anything like this.

Something about the spectacle earlier made me hopeful. I always thought that I wasn't good enough for Jennie. Most people at school don't even know my name and assume that I'm just a lame nerd. But Jennie didn't see me that way. She had every reason to, but she didn't. She treated me as an equal, which is rare to find in the hierarchy of high school.

I pushed a lock of her hair behind her ear, admiring her features. Her cheeks were so soft, like marshmallows, and they had a cute pink tint to them. Her breathing was light and steady. She had a small smile on her face as if she was having a lovely dream.

"You gonna keep staring at me?" Jennie chuckled, waking me from my daydream.

"I thought you were asleep," I said, flustered.

"It's okay." She smiled. "I don't mind."

She gave me a kiss on my cheek which caused my cheeks to flush a bright red. I rarely ever blushed, or showed much human emotion, for that matter. But when Jennie was around, I was always smiling and blushing.

"Jisoo?"

"Yeah?" I turned to her.

"Can I ask you something?" She sat upright.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I-I just need stability," she said, her voice wavering. "Do you think I'm ready to be a mother?"

I froze for a moment. For a while, the fact that Jennie was pregnant had slipped by me, but it always came back. She didn't look pregnant, since she was only around six weeks. I was debating whether or not to answer, but the pleading look in her eyes made my decision for me.

"Yes," I said softly. "Jennie, you're going to make an amazing mother. You're kind, caring, and supportive. Those are all characteristics that are needed for parenting. Your kid's going to have a great childhood because of you."

She sighed. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make this all deep and stuff. I just don't want my kid to have the same childhood that I did. I want them to have loving parents and to live in a happy home. I want to provide for my child what my parents couldn't provide for me."

I cupped the side of her face in my hand. "Jen, I'm with you throughout all of this, okay?"

She nodded, then wrapped her arms around me, holding me close. "Thank you, Jisoo."

I was about to respond, but then Irene burst through the door.

"Jennie, Jisoo!" she cried out worriedly.

"What is it?" I asked, helping Jennie up.

"It's Yeji," the dark haired girl said. "She isn't breathing."