Chapter Twenty-One: Girlfriend

"Fiancé?" I yelled as Jennie and I walked back to the car. "What was she even talking about?"

Jennie kept looking down, kicking puddles as we strolled.

"Jen, what did you say to her?"

"Fine, I'll talk," she said, looking up at me. "So, you know how doctors won't let you see the results unless you're related in some way?"

I nodded.

"Well, I kinda, sorta, told her that you were my fiancé so you'd be able to see them."

"And she bought it?" I asked.

"Apparently so."

"Wow, you must be pretty convincing if she thought a 17 year old had a fiancé already," I chuckled.

"I have my ways." Jennie smirked. "C'mon, I want ice cream."

"Is that a question or a command?" I said as I hopped into the driver's seat.

"Take it as you will, but know that I'll be very appreciative once there's ice cream in my hands," she looked at me with her innocent puppy dog eyes that made my cheeks redden.

"Fine, I'll get you some ice cream."

"Yay!" she squealed like a toddler. "You're the best girlfriend ever!"

"G-Girlfriend?" I stammered, turning to her.

Jennie had never used that word in reference to me, especially not so out of the blue. I tended not to refer to labels when it came to much. It was only recently that I'd put a label on my sexuality. And I'd never even been someone's "girlfriend" before. I didn't have any idea how to be one.

"Oh." Her voice lowered. "D-Did you not want to be my girlfriend?"

"Quite the opposite, actually." I said, starting the ignition.

"Can I get a re-do?" she asked. "I didn't do one of those grand gestures that they do in the movies."

"Are you serious right now?"

"Please?" she pleaded, her puppy dog eyes returning.

"Sure, you can have a re-do," I sighed.

Jennie cleared her throat to sound official. "Kim Jisoo, will you do me the honor of becoming my girlfriend?"

I giggled, in a much more feminine way than I thought I could. "Why, of course, Jennie Kim."

I held her hand in mine and gave it a soft kiss, making her laugh a little. "You're such a cliche."

"I'm a cliche?" I over exaggerated. "You were the one who wanted to make a big production in asking me to be your girlfriend."

"Only because I wanted to make it special," she said alluringly.

She reached over in her seat and pulled me in closer. Her lips crashed against mine, which sent me whirling for the third time today. I was getting better at this kissing thing. At least, I think I was. Jennie was still incredibly skilled and a piece of me knew that I didn't deserve her, but I didn't care about that right now. All I cared about was kissing her as many times as she'd let me.