Chapter Thirty-Six: Misunderstanding

Jisoo's P.O.V.

I woke to a loud banging on the door. It seemed to be urgent and needy, so I stumbled out of bed. I could hear Jennie's muffled grumbles as I walked to the door. Vyk wasn't up yet, so I was the only one to answer the door. I opened it to see two police officers standing there, a stern look on their faces.

"Officers," I began. "How may I help you?"

"You know of a 'Jennie Kim?'" the red-haired officer said.

"Yes, she's my girlfriend," I replied.

"Is she here?" the blonde officer asked.

"Yes, why do you ask?"

The blonde snapped his fingers and the red-haired officer ran past me into the lavish house. He held his gun up menacingly as he searched every room. I turned back to the other officer in shock.

"What are you doing?" I said.

Before he could respond, I heard Jennie scream. I quickly rushed into our room, knocking over a few tables in the process. I hope those weren't too expensive. When I got there, the officer had placed handcuffs on her wrists, despite her kicking and screaming.

"Jennie Kim, you are arrested for the assault of Hwang Yeji," he tightened the handcuffs. "You have the right to remain silent."

"What?" Jennie and I yelled in unison.

"You heard me." The officer pulled Jennie out the door.

"Officer, you don't understand!" I defended my girlfriend. "Jennie never assaulted anyone."

"She sent a girl to the hospital, ma'am," he said.

"Only out of self-defense," I argued. "It was all a misunderstanding. Both sides did things that they didn't mean. If you don't believe me, you can check the footage."

"Fine, but this will be held against you if proven false."

"I stand by my word."

The officers walked up the stairs to where the security camera base was. Vyk was now fully awake, and although she was terrified, she still let them do what they chose. She directed them to the technological base as I sat with Jennie, holding her hand despite the handcuffs.

"You know what this means, don't you?" I asked her.

She nodded. "Yeji must have filed a report on me. I never thought she was capable of this."

"We underestimate people all the time," I ran a hand through her hair. "But you have no need to worry about her. The cops aren't going to find anything."

"I hope you're right," Jennie sighed. "I can't have a criminal record before my early twenties."

"Ladies," the officers came back in, the blonde talking this time. "we've come to the conclusion that this case is rather minor and on the tapes, it does seem to be purely self-defense. We're sorry for bothering you. Have a nice day."

"Thank you, officer," I replied as the redhead took off Jennie's handcuffs.

The men walked out of the penthouse, leaving Jennie and I alone together. I wrapped my arm around her as she nuzzled into the crook of my neck. After a few moments, Jennie's head popped up and she turned towards me.

"I'm going to see Yeji," she said.

"Are you sure?" I asked. "She almost arrested you, babe."

"I need to resolve this once and for all."