Chapter Eighteen: You Sure You're Okay?

Rosé's P.O.V.

Throughout the entire day, I wished that I could go hide in a hole and not be seen by anyone. Everyone snickered when I passed, and the ones who were brave enough always asked me questions like "how was it" and "how big is it." The last one referred to the rumor that happened back in 7th grade when everyone thought she had a dick. However, instead of being completely mortified, Lisa yelled out to the hallway: "So what if I have a dick? I've got more balls than you'll ever have." Even though she got detention for it, it was one of the most amazing spectacles I'd ever seen.

I had a short break period, so I was about to go and take a walk outside to clear my head, but I heard a faint sound. It seemed to be coming from the bathroom. I crept in, the sobbing increasing in volume as I neared.

"Hello?" I knocked on the stall door. "You okay in there?"

There was a pause, but then I heard a muffled voice. "No."

"Can I come in?" I asked.

"Sure."

I heard a click on the stall lock, so I opened the door and found none other than Jennie Kim sobbing on the floor. It looked as though she had been crying for a while, with her eyes red and her body curled up in a ball.

"Jennie, what's wrong?" I said softly, hoping that she'd answer me.

"Everything," she replied. "I fucked everything up and now I'm going to have to pay for it."

"What do you mean?"

"Yeji wants to be cheer captain, so now she's blackmailing me and threatening to hurt my friends," she sniffled. "I can't let that happen, Rosé."

"I understand," I said, taking her into my arms.

I slid down to the floor next to Jennie, hugging her tightly. Jennie and I hadn't talked much before this. I mean, we're not rude to each other or anything, just distant. I think the last time I talked to her was right after I got elected. Even then, all she said was a quick "congratulations" and left. It was odd to have her crying in my arms now.

"She won't hurt your friends." I looked down at her. "I promise."

She nodded against my chest. It was a quick little motion, and when she looked up, I saw that she wasn't crying anymore. I helped her up as she brushed off her jeans.

"Thank you." Jennie smiled.

"No problem." I shrugged. "You sure you're okay?"

"I am now," she giggled. "You sure you're okay?"

"Not entirely, but I'll get there." I could tell what she was hinting at.

"Rosé, there's something I need to tell you," she said seriously. "Yeji was the one who took the photo of you and Lisa."

I paused for a moment, unable to find the words. "Wait, then that means-"

"Lisa had nothing to do with it."

I came to a dead stop. I'd perceived her in the worst way. Just the memories of how Yeri had come crying about her made me think that she only wanted another conquest, but really, it was only Yeji's way of getting back at Jennie.

"You know she wouldn't want to hurt you, right?" Jennie piped up. "She cares about you a lot. Today was the first time I'd seen her cry in years."

"I should go talk to her, shouldn't I?" I sighed.

"It wouldn't hurt," she replied softly. "She's tearing herself up over this."

"Damn, I was really harsh on her," I said, thinking of what had gone down with her and I just a few hours ago.

"A little, but I understand why," Jennie responded. "You were upset, and she was the only person you knew to blame."

"I guess you're right. Thanks, Jennie."

"Anytime, Rosé."