Chapter Thirteen: I Don't Want to Be Alone

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her Honda Accord drive into the parking lot. She pulled up next to the curb, motioning for me to get inside. She had a worried look on her face which I truly couldn't blame her for. I had just called her at midnight to ask her to pick me up at a gas station down the street. She had every right to be worried.

"Thanks, Jisoo," I sighed as I buckled my seat belt.

"'Thanks, Jisoo?'" she repeated sarcastically. "What were you thinking? You can't be out on the streets in the middle of the night like this! Especially not by yourself."

"I know, I know." She pulled out of the parking lot. "But I had no choice."

"There's always a choice, Jen." I didn't respond. "Look, I'm sorry for acting mad over this. I just didn't want you to get hurt."

"I won't," I reassured her. "I promise."

"Good," Jisoo sighed. "What were you doing out there anyway?"

"Is it okay if I wait to tell you until we're home?" I asked. "It's kinda personal."

"Sure, I get it." She was about to turn onto the street to get to my house, but I stopped her.

"Could you take me to your place?"

"Why my place?"

"I can't go home right now."

"And why is that?"

"Because I don't want to be alone."

My home life, in simple terms, was mediocre at best. My dad walked out on us when I was seven and my mother's been working a lot ever since. She had to take multiple jobs to support me and our livelihood, which prevented her from being home often. When I was little, I had a babysitter, but that was only for a short period of time. I realized early on that I could take care of myself pretty easily.

But the worst part about it is that my mom started drinking. She fell into a horrible state of mind after Dad left. With that, she was getting less efficient job offers. So, she went into another line of business. I didn't realize it until a man in a suit came to the door one day with a check for mom. I researched the company, because as an eleven-year-old, I was extremely curious, and hated what I found. The company dabbled in prostitution.

Ever since then, my mom and I haven't seen eye to eye, and she's rarely ever home to see me. Some days, I wished that I had a sibling that I could talk to. Then life wouldn't be such misery. I guess Lisa is the closest to a sibling that I've ever had.

"You're not alone," Jisoo replied. "I'm always here for you, okay?"

I nodded as she pulled into her driveway. Her house was much smaller than I expected, but charming. Jisoo led me inside quickly and quietly to make sure that she wouldn't wake her parents or siblings. She took me to her room, which was quaint, but homey. There were multiple different fandom posters splayed on the walls and her decor was all a varying shade of purple.

"Your room's pretty." I smiled.

"Thanks." She beamed. "Now, can you answer my question?"

I let out a sigh, sitting down next to her on her bed. I knew that I had to be honest with her and tell her the truth. Lies wouldn't help me in any way. Plus, this was Jisoo. I knew that I could tell her anything and she wouldn't judge me in the slightest. It would be difficult, but it was the right thing to do. I took a deep breath, and let it out.

"I'm pregnant."

"You're what?" Jisoo asked in response.

"Pregnant," I repeated. "I took the test at the gas station today. You know when I ran off the court at the basketball game? I had an awful stomach ache and a heavy-hitting dizzy spell. It lasted for the entire night afterward, I just didn't let it show. It was the same thing that happened the day you started tutoring me too. It got to the point where it was unbearable, so I did some research and it showed to be a possibility."

"So, you decided to go to the gas station and take a test after only googling it once?" She questioned my logic.

"Better safe than sorry," I answered. "I know I was a bit hasty, but I didn-"

"Jen." Jisoo placed her hand on top of mine. "It's okay. I get it. You were worried and you had no idea how to be rational with it. I would probably act the same way."

I sat there and gazed up at her chestnut eyes. My own started to fill with tears as she spoke. As I had done before, I threw my body against hers, sobbing into her chest. However, this time she couldn't stabilize herself so we both toppled over onto the bed. We both turned to our sides, which made me fit perfectly against her. I still didn't get off of her and instead burrowed myself deeper into the fabric of her sweater. Her arms wrapped around me as she cradled me in her arms.

It was kind of an odd feeling to be in this same situation twice, but I liked it. I liked the feeling of her arms wrapped around my small frame. I liked the feeling of my head on her chest. I liked the feeling of her hand in my hair. I liked it all.

I lifted my head from her chest and looked up at her. The purple lights in her room reflected off her raven locks, making them shimmer. I could see tiny specks of gold in the complexity of her dark eyes. God, she was even more beautiful than I thought. My hand ran through her hair lightly, before resting at her chin. I could feel myself inching closer, as I had multiple times over, but this time was different.

This time I didn't stop.

My lips pressed against hers lightly, but with more desperation than I thought I had. I was expecting for her to yell at me or something like that, but instead, she kissed me back. Her lips tasted so intoxicatingly sweet, and I wanted more. I rolled over so that I was on top of her, and leaned down to kiss her again. Her hand found its way into my hair, grasping my head slightly. I felt her lips curl into a smile against mine, which caused me to do the same. She finally pulled away from me for air, and let out a chuckle as she sat up.

"What's so funny?" I asked, grinning at how pretty her laugh was.

"Nothing, really," Jisoo said. "I just wasn't expecting that to happen."

"Oh." I lowered my head to avoid her gaze, but she lifted it back up.

"But I'm happy it did." Her smile made my heart do back-flips as I beamed.

She pulled me in close, her lips hovering over mine for just a moment before she sealed the gap. I swear, she was an incredible kisser considering that she hadn't dated anyone. Her hand held my waist as I moved onto her lap. I grabbed the side of her face, continuing to kiss her passionately. I smiled a bit when I felt her fingertips graze my hair. But all good things have to come to an end, so I pulled away for air.

"Was this the 'road of self-discovery' you were on?" she asked as I got off of her lap.

I nodded. "Among other things."

"What kind of things?"

"I'll answer that later," I yawned. "I'm getting a bit tired."

"Well, it is 1 in the morning," Jisoo said. "You should get some rest."

"You're right," I replied, snuggling into her chest.

"What are you doing?"

"Getting some rest, just as you said."

Jisoo chuckled a bit before she turned off her bedroom light and laid down. I wrapped my arms around her waist, holding her close to me. She gave me a light kiss on my forehead, making me smile. Her arm comfortably lay around my shoulders, keeping me close. No matter what, I didn't want to let her go. I wanted to keep holding her for as long as I could.

When I met Jisoo a week ago, I never would have imagined that I'd be sharing a bed with her by the end of it. It never crossed my mind that I would end up kissing her on a Friday night or holding her closer than friends do. Back then, I didn't even know that she liked girls, or that I did either. Well, I didn't really like "girls." I liked one girl.

And her name is Kim Jisoo.