Chapter Thirty-Five: Get Out

Lisa's P.O.V.

Rosé was still passed out in my arms, but she'd occasionally whisper some things in her sleep. I carried her up the stairs to my bedroom, trying not to wake up my father. If he knew I'd brought a girl home, he wouldn't be happy. But I didn't have a key to her house, so she had to come here.

I shut the door behind me as I laid her down on my bed. She sleepily mumbled, but I couldn't make out any of her gibberish. It was so odd to be in this position. Rosé was normally the calm and collected one, but now she was drunk and intoxicated. Maybe I should've been looking out for her more. After all, I am her girlfriend.

Right?

I wasn't sure. Rosé had never called me her girlfriend, but I had. Then again, that could've just been a tactic used to get Vyk to stop kissing me. But the thing is, I wanted her to be my girlfriend. She was so genuine and kind the more time I spent with her. Plus, I loved her kisses.

"Lisa..." I heard her whisper.

"Yeah?" I looked back at her.

"I had a good time tonight," she said drowsily.

"Me too," I ran my fingers through her blonde locks.

Before I knew it, the beautiful girl was asleep in my arms. I chuckled a bit before I turned off the light. I didn't know what it was about her that made me want more. I wanted to be hers so badly. This was unlike anything I'd felt before. It was much more real and passionate.

It was almost love.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I rolled over on my side, still exhausted from last night. My head hurt from all the party excitement. Rosé, however, was still fast asleep in my arms. Hopefully Dad had left early and wasn't in yet. If he caught Rosie and I in bed together, I could be dead.

I never told my father that I was gay. He was a nice person, at least most of the time. Occasionally, he would "switch," as if there was a button being pressed off and on in his mind. I'd always wanted to tell him, but I'd always become fearful about it. I guess it was just my inner saboteur telling me that it wasn't right.

It was times like this that I wish Mom was here. I didn't know her too well, but I remembered that she was always exciting, especially with what Dad told me. She sounded like the most loving person alive, which is someone that I could've really used in my life.

I crept out of bed, trying not to disturb Rosé as I crept down the stairs. No one seemed to be in sight, so I quickly made myself a cup of coffee. I figured that I should make one for Rosie too. It might help with her hangover.

"What are you doing?" Dad said from behind me.

I turned around to see him putting on his jacket and scowling at me. "Making coffee. What does it look like I'm doing?"

"You know I don't drink coffee."

"I never said it was for you."

"Then who's the other cup for?"

"Lisa?" As if on cue, Rosé came down the stairs, yawning with each step. "My head hurts."

"Who is she?" Dad said, gesturing towards the blonde.

I walked over to Rosé and put my arm around her. "Dad, this is Rosé. She's my girlfriend."

"G-Girlfriend?" he stuttered.

"Yes," I replied. "I'm gay, Dad."

He stood there for a few moments, flabbergasted at my words. I was a bit worried about how he would take it. This was a truly spur of the moment thing. I handed Rosé a cup of coffee, which she gladly downed. Dad gave me a look of frustration before he began his next sentence.

"I did not raise you to be this way," he said.

"You mean you didn't raise me to be gay?" I fired back. "That's not a choice."

"I thought you liked boys! Remember when Jungkook took you out on a date?" his voice raised.

"We were just going shopping!" I yelled. "Nothing heterosexual about it."

Dad paced back and forth for a few moments. He had a perplexed look on his face, as if he was having trouble interpreting my words. Finally he looked me in the eye.

"Get out," he said.

"What?"

"Get out of my house and take Blondie with you."

Tears came to my eyes as I grabbed Rosé's wrist. I never thought that Dad would be this surly about my sexuality. But I didn't want to be in his presence any longer. I didn't need him to dictate how I should live my life.

"Don't come crawling back," he spat as I walked out the door.

Rosé gave me a look of sympathy as she held the side of my face in her hand. For the second time this week, and quite possibly the third time in my life, I completely broke down. Tears came streaming down my cheeks as Rosé held me close. She ran her fingers through my hair and whispered reassuring words in my ear as my tears stained her shirt.

"You should know that what your father said isn't true," she said softly. "You're perfect just the way you are."

I looked up at the beautiful blonde in front of me. Whenever I was around her I felt a sense of security. I felt safe with her. Why was that? I'm not really sure. If anything, I should be the one to give protection since I'm the jock here. But even in her heels and pearls, I still felt as though she would protect me, no matter what.

"I love you, Rosie."

I immediately realized what I said, but I didn't wish to take it back. Instead, I wanted to keep telling her that. She deserved to know. She deserved to know how much I loved her.

"I love you too, Lisa," she replied, combing her fingers through my hair gently. "Now, let's go over to my place. Mom can make you a nice breakfast."

I chuckled. "She is a great chef."

I pulled my motorcycle out of the garage and gave a helmet to Rosé. She hopped on, much quicker than I expected and wrapped her arms around my waist. I loved that feeling. Overtime, she had gotten much more comfortable with riding on my bike, which made me feel a sense of accomplishment. I felt her rest her head on my back as I started the engine.

As we drove, I wasn't really thinking about what had happened earlier. The thought of my dad's screaming still played in the back of my head, but there was something more important at the forefront. I didn't imagine that Rosé would ever like me like that. But now, Rosé was holding onto me and actually said that three-word sentence that many people believed was just a fairy tale. I got to her house quickly and helped her off the bike, not that she needed my help.

"You can stay here for as long as you like," Rosé said, pushing my bangs back a bit.

"Thank you." I smiled.