Chapter Forty-One: Epilogue

Rosé's P.O.V.

I sat in the quaint coffee shop, twirling my spoon around in my mug. I breathed in the smell of baked cinnamon rolls and freshly brewed coffee. This place always gave me solace whenever I was feeling down, which had been a lot lately. Lisa had been rather distant from me for the past few weeks. I felt as though something was off. Maybe she had gotten tired of me. I was a bit much sometimes.

"Happy birthday, Chipmunk."

I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist. She gave me a kiss on the cheek as I spun around to see her. She still had the same short, blonde hair from high school and the same charming smirk too. If anything, she was just even more beautiful.

"Lisa!" I beamed. "What are you doing here? I thought you didn't want to see me."

"Babe." Lisa's hand held the side of my face. "Why wouldn't I want to see you?"

"You tell me," I said. "I feel like you've been avoiding me the past few weeks."

She took a deep breath in before she explained. "I'm sorry. I had to work a few more hours and pull a few strings in order to get you this."

She handed me a light pink rectangular box with gold writing on the top. It spelled: "For Rosie." I hesitated to open the box for a moment, but gave in to Lisa's smile. When I opened it, I gasped at what was inside.

"Paris?" I exclaimed, delicately holding up the paper tickets.

"You've always wanted to go there," she said. "So I thought you might want to go with me. I completely understand if-"

I cut her off by kissing her soft lips. She stumbled a bit, but soon regained her footing and was kissing me back. My hands went into her hair as hers held my waist. Once I pulled away, I caught a blush rising on the athletic girl's cheeks.

"Thank you, Lisa." I smiled. "This is the best gift ever."

"You're welcome, Rosie." She pushed a piece of hair behind my ear and looked at the woman behind the counter. "Wendy, initiate the plan."

I looked at her confused, but then the lights died down. The mood lighting made my heartbeat quicken as a familiar song started to play. Lisa's hand took my waist and her other hand took mine. I lightly grabbed her arm as she twirled me around the coffee shop. This dance reminded me of our days back in high school.

"You did all this?" I asked.

She nodded. "I made a promise that I'd dance with you again." She dipped me and leaned in close, her voice a whisper. "And I never break a promise."

I giggled lightly as her lips pressed against mine. My hand cradled the side of her face delicately. Her grip on my waist tightened, as if it was assuring me that she wouldn't let me go. I ran my fingertips across her soft cheek as we pulled apart.

"Have I mentioned that I love you?" I beamed, causing her to grin.

"Maybe once or twice," she replied.

"Then I'll say it again." I kissed her forehead. "I love you."

"I love you too."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jisoo's P.O.V.

"Jisoo! Jisoo! Jisoo!"

The high-spirited three year-old ran over to me excitedly. I put down the book I was reading and turned to see her in her pink Easter dress with a crown on her head. She grabbed my hand to get my attention even more.

"What is it, Julia?" I asked.

"Mommy wants you outside right now!" She pulled me towards the door.

"Sweetheart, it's eight at night, why would she want me out this late?"

"I can't tell you," the little girl giggled.

Once we reached the backyard door, I was greeted by a beautiful display across the yard. There were fairy lights lining the walkway and roses in bushels laid sporadically around the space. I couldn't believe how gorgeous it was.

"Wow," I gasped. "Julia, did you do this?"

I turned around, but the little girl was gone. I heard her faint giggle back inside and laughed a little bit. She was definitely skillful, just like her mother.

"I did."

My head spun to the front where I saw Jennie standing in front of me. God, she was the most stunning person I had ever seen. She was wearing a ruby red dress that went down to her ankles, adorned with sparkly gemstones all across the top. Her hair was swept to the side, showing her beautiful collarbones.

"Jen..." I said softly. "...you look so beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you." She smiled, stepping closer to me.

I blushed. "Why'd you do all this? It's not my birthday or anything."

"Because I have something to ask you."

I gasped as the gorgeous brunette got down on one knee. She pulled a velvet box out from behind her and opened it to show the glittering diamond ring inside. Her soft hand cradled mine gently, as if I was a delicate flower.

"Jisoo," Jennie began. "I remember the day we met like it was only yesterday. Then, I had no idea that the girl I bumped into in math class would be my girlfriend for four years, nor did I know how amazing, smart, talented, beautiful, and loving she was. You've supported me through everything, Chu. Whether it was tutoring for a math test or driving me to the hospital through labor, you've always been there for me. You're the one that I want to be with all my life. Kim Jisoo, will you make me the happiest woman alive and marry me?"

I stood there, absolutely stunned by the words that came out of her mouth. Never would I have imagined that Jennie Kim, of all people, would be the one proposing to me. But I wouldn't take anyone else as my wife. I nodded quickly as a smile came to my face.

"Yes, of course I will marry you, Jennie!"

Jennie's face lit up as she stood up and slipped the ring on my finger. As soon as she did so, I pulled her face to mine and kissed her sweetly. I held her close as she wrapped her arms around my neck. My grip on her waist tightened as she kissed me harder.

"I love you, Jisoo," she whispered into my lips.

"I love you too, Jennie," I said as my fingertips trailed along the side of her cheek.

"Well, it's about time!"

Jennie and I turned in unison to see Julia sitting on one of the benches. She quickly hopped off and ran over to our side.

"Now I'll get two moms!"

I lifted the small girl up into my arms and kissed her forehead. "And even more kisses."

"You better save some for me, Miss Kim." Jennie raised an eyebrow.

"I always do." I leaned in to kiss her once more.