Chapter Twenty-Seven: In a KFC Parking Lot

Rosé's P.O.V.

"Well, hey. Look on the bright side. Now you only have one contender."

I barely took another look into her gorgeous eyes. I couldn't bear to hear her right now. Nothing could change my mind. My low heel pounded the car's interior as Jisoo hit the gas. I growled under my breath, which she noticed.

"Now, Rosé, this is the part where you explain what the hell I just witnessed," Jisoo said.

"It's nothing really," I huffed. "Why do jocks have to be such dicks?"

"I thought you were all about breaking down stereotypes. What's the hypocrisy for?"

I gave her a glare. "For your information, it's not hypocrisy. Just an observation."

Jisoo sighed and made a quick turn of the steering wheel, which almost made me slam into the door. As soon as I regained composure, she turned again, and this time I did hit the door. She pulled into a KFC parking lot and put the car in park. I heard the lock click on all the car doors.

"What the hell was that?" I shouted.

"This is what we call interrogation, my friend." Jisoo laid back in her seat as she turned off the ignition.

"Explain."

"You're not leaving this car unless you tell me what happened between you and Lisa," she paused. "And if you refuse, you have to buy me a $20 fill up."

"Fuck you," I snarled.

"I think what you mean to say is 'Yes Jisoo, I will tell you exactly what happened with Lisa and I will buy you all the chicken you so desire!'"

I leaned back in my seat, a harsh sigh leaving my lips. "Fine, I'll tell you what happened." I took a deep breath. "I saw Lisa kissing another girl."

"Who?"

"I don't know. Some brunette Cher Horowitz." I choked back tears. "I just, I thought she was better than this, you know? I thought she actually cared about me. But I guess I was wrong."

Jisoo took me into her arms and I couldn't take it anymore. I cracked. My tears soaked the front of her Sailor Moon sweatshirt. I could hear her kind, sweet words amidst my sobs. She was quite possibly the sweetest person in the world and I had taken all that for granted before. I really needed her.

"I'll talk to Lisa about it, okay?" Jisoo whispered as I nodded against her chest.

"Thank you." I lifted myself off of her and dried my tears. "Do you want some chicken?"

She chuckled. "It's my treat this time, okay?"

I didn't argue her logic as she pulled up into the drive thru. I gazed out the window at the dismal surroundings. It seemed like the weather was feeling the same way I was. Something in me wanted to rush right back to Lisa and forgive her, but another part of me was too mad to even look at her. My feelings were juxtaposing each other, but I did know one thing. I still wanted her.