Chapter Twenty-Four: The Girl from Years Past

Lisa's P.O.V.

"Hey, can I borrow a pen?" I asked Seulgi.

She gave me a death glare. "Did you forget to bring yours again? It's the third time this week and it's only Tuesday."

"Not this time," I chuckled.

"Then why do you need it?"

"Because mine is black."

"And?"

"Rosé's favorite color is blue."

Seulgi paused for a moment, then gave me a smirk. She fumbled around in her pencil case and pulled out a blue gel pen.

"You better give it back," she said sternly. "It's my last glitter pen. You're lucky to even be in its presence."

"Yes, ma'am." I nodded.

I grabbed a sheet of paper and tore it into smaller pieces, making a few kids heads turn in my direction. I scribbled out a message on my page in my best handwriting possible. I even dotted the "I's" with hearts, just for an added effect. I had to step up my game. Rosé had written me a whole ass love letter. The least I could do for her was write a note.

I folded the paper carefully, using all the origami skills I could muster. Seulgi eyed me carefully, nitpicking at each technique I did. After a few tries, I asked her to do it for me. Seulgi was the most creative out of all of us in our friend group. She was always coming up with new ideas and inventions. She handed the note back to me, beautifully folded into a heart right as the bell rang.

"Thanks," I laughed, admiring the handiwork.

"My pleasure," she curtsied. "You know, you've never written a note to a girl you like before. Rosé must be different."

"Well, she's not a playgirl, if that's what you mean," I said as we strolled to my locker.

"And you consider all the other girls you've dated to be playgirls?" she questioned.

"No. What I mean is, she doesn't want me just for my..." I paused for a hair flip moment. "... attractiveness and status."

"God, you're such a jock," Seulgi snickered.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I yelled as she went the other way.

I fumbled with the lock on my locker door and pushed some books into it. I held the note in my hands carefully, making sure not to damage it. I may not have poured my "heart and soul" into it, but I didn't want to lose it. I quickly wrote her name on the front of the note and walked to her locker, slipping it through the slats. Hopefully, she would see it before the end of the day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made my way through the sea of students, slinging my backpack over my shoulder. I soon found myself at the gym doors, exactly where I wanted to be. As I walked in, I noticed that she hadn't arrived yet, which gave me a little bit of time to prepare. How would I ask her? Would I be simple and nonchalant? Would I be dramatic and romantic? I had no fucking idea, but I'd have to make it work sooner rather than later.

"Lisa-yah!"

A sharp, shrill voice rang out in the spacious gymnasium. It was a voice that I never thought I'd hear again. Familiar, yes, but for all the wrong reasons. With that one greeting brought so many memories that I had tried so incredibly hard to forget.

"Vyk!" I said back, feigning happiness. "What are you doing here?"

The brunette ran over to me, her heels clicking along the gym floor as she did so. Her fashion sense was much similar to Rosé, but with a little more money. Vyk never bought anything cheaper than 100 dollars and she never had to worry about money. Her parents owned a multi-million dollar company in France, making her a rich heiress.

"I decided to visit on holiday." She stopped in front of me. "I figured you'd be happy to see me."

I nodded. "Of course I am. Who wouldn't be happy to see you?"

"Right you are!" She beamed. "I was figuring that I'd alert the school of my arrival. My parents trusted me with the penthouse suite, so I thought it best to put it to good use."

"How so?"

"Oh God, Lisa," Vyk huffed. "Don't tell me that you've been missing the best parties during your senior year."

"I've been focusing on my athletics," I replied.

"Nevermind about that," she said sharply. "I'll bring you to the best party around. Mine, of course! Oh, what would you do without me, Lisa?"

"I have no idea," I chuckled, trying my hardest to find and end this conversation.

"And maybe..." She crept closer to me, her fingers tiptoeing their way up my chest. "...we can finish what we started."

Her voice had become a husky whisper as her lips curled into a devilish smile. Her hand went around my neck as she pulled me towards her. Her lips crashed into mine, but only for a moment before I pulled away sharply.

"What are you doing?" I yelled.

"What do you mean?" Vyk asked. "Like I said, I'm finishing what we started."

"Yeah, what we started two years ago."

"I-I don't understand." She looked at me, confused.

"I have a girlfriend now, Vyk," I stated forcefully.

"You w-what?"

"You heard me," I sighed as I walked away. "See you around."

As I got farther and farther away from her, I started thinking about what I had just done. Had I labelled Rosé as my "girlfriend?" I mean, I wanted her to be my girlfriend, but would she take me? Probably not. That kiss with Vyk brought so much more to light than I ever thought it would.

The last party I went to with Vyk was a total disaster for me. I drank way too much that night and was completely wasted. Vyk, being herself, used that to her advantage and had a make out session with me. It was taken too far and by the time I was sober, I knew that it wasn't just a make out session anymore.

After that time, I didn't want to associate with her anymore and thankfully, she went back to France the day after anyway. But now she was crawling back to me. The whole situation made me uncomfortable and I was praying that nothing else would happen at her party.