•Chapter 2 : Beautiful Stranger•

Author's POV

"You knew about her and you still didn't tell me anything...?" Jungkook asked with his eyes wide and lips parted in disbelief as he stood in front of Taehyung, "it was Queen Mother's orders Your Majesty.. I couldn't defy." Taehyung explained with his head hung low, "oh, so you defying Queen Mother is worse than defying your King?" He asked and Taehyung gulped. Jungkook sighed, "Taehyung-ah.. don't do this again. You know that woman gets on my nerves. Eomma doesn't understand, but you do, think as my friend once in a while too, Captain Kim.." he said while Taehyung nodded feeling guilty.

He looked up to see Jungkook pouring himself a glass of alcohol, "Is something wrong your majesty?" He asked, "no.. nothing is wrong.. I just felt like drinking.." he said and stopped but, after a few seconds of silence he spoke again. "I'm really frustrated you know? I can feel that I am close to my mate, so close, but I still can't find 'em.. "

"I believe you will find that person soon Your Majesty." Taehyung said and Jungkook nodded, "I really hope I do... I feel so incomplete.." he sat on the couch and tipped his head back on the back rest after he took a sip from his glass.

The next day

"What about the peace treaty with England?" Jungkook asked as he sat among all the royal officials in the Great Hall, "they denied Your Majesty. They do not wish to end this. They want to continue the rivalry." One of them spoke, "fine. It's them who dug their own grave, if they think that they could win over everything with their force, they are wrong. Advance the military training.. I would be joining too. I am convinced that they will attack us sooner or later and I wish to be more than prepared for that, we have to show them that unreasonable rivalry with us never turns out good." Jungkook concluded his words.

"Yes, Your Majesty!" The whole hall boomed with the loud voices of the officials as they kneeled and bowed in front of their King, their foreheads touching the ground. Jungkook nodded getting up from his seat, "and... make sure that my people in the Army are continuing to live under healthy conditions." He spoke for the last time before walking towards the door to leave while the officials yet again agreed to his order still bowing.

"Will they really start a war?" Taehyung asked catching Jungkook's attention, he nodded, "for sure, they just confirmed it by rejecting the treaty. I still cannot believe. A war, that too at the end of the 21st century. I guess mordernization did no good, just upgraded the weapons." Jungkook spoke sighing. He walked out of the great hall and down the big stairs and the people who were there at the street cheered as they saw him and he smiled at them walking towards his car when a sudden tingling sensation inside him made him stop.

It took him a while to realize what he felt but when he did, his brows cocked up as he looked around immediately, among the crowd that gathered to see him and beyond, finding something, or rather someone, but who? His eyes moved quick and stopped at a certain view. A not so big, but beautifully decorated shop and in front of the threshold of the glass door stood a small figure. A plump pair of lips stretched out into a bright smile as the figure stood their speaking to someone. It was a beautiful sight and Jungkook was not being able to remove his eyes, it was as if all the sounds in his surrounding was muted and the time has suddenly stopped as he continued to watch.

"Your Majesty?" Was the voice of Taehyung which cut through his daze and made him turn at the latter, "is something wrong?" Taehyung asked and Jungkook smiled at him shaking his head as he turned to look at the same direction to see that person once more but alas! He was too late. It was the close door of the shop that came to his vision. He blinked a few times as his brows furrowed, he was gravely disappointed. He wanted to look at the person for some more time.

○○○●○○○

"The King visited the great hall." Said Park Jimin as he stood in front of the counter of the fancy drink shop, "really? Now?" Min Hwan asked and Jimin nodded with a beautiful smile on his lips, "I was talking to a customer outside when I saw the crowd, I even caught a glimpse of him but as he was speaking to Captain Kim, I couldn't really see his face." He said, "Wow.. I want to see him too, I am so bored of seeing him on T.V and newspapers.." Hwan said moving out of the counter and towards the door to see that the King's car was leaving. He pouted, "you know? I am really jealous of our PM's daughter, her and His Majesty stopped dating a decade ago and she still manages to spark rumours with him."

Jimin chuckled, "who knows? Maybe they are still dating, they just don't wanna disclose their relationship." He said making Hwan pout more, "yeah.. you are right.. but I gotta say, her or whoever, the one who would be mated to His Majesty would be very lucky." He said with a smile and Jimin nodded, "yes, they will be... truly very lucky."

Hwan sighed and got back to the counter, "will you go to meet Jinnie hyung today?" He asked, "no.. hyung said he'll come by the shop in the evening." Jimin replied taking a cleaning cloth and started to clean the tables. "Hyung... do you miss living with the royals?" Hwan asked, "I don't quite remember living with them but... I do remember His Majesty... just a bit." he said.

"Really?" Hwan questioned with his eyes wide, "but you never told me that." He complained pulling out his lower lip in a way to fein sadness.

"Sorry, actually my memories were all blur, but seeing him today did make me remember, not everything though, just some fragments.. he was gentle and kind since the very beginning. He used to look at me and give me a fond smile sometimes. I wonder if he still plays the piano." Jimin said, "His Majesty used to play the piano?" Hwan asked receiving a nod from the elder. "Yes and he used to play a very sweet melody.. " Jimin smiled.

○○○●○○○

In the evening.

A familiar tune caught Captain Kim's ears and he snapped his head towards his King who sat near the piano, playing it, "Your Majesty... after all this time?" He asked and Jungkook smiled, this tune was something that he used to play when he was young, "my father taught me this and I stopped playing it because it used to bring back the awful memories of the war and his death." He spoke, his smile disappearing a bit, "but I was a fool to not play it again... the melody is so calming."

"Your Majesty.." Taehyung called and Jungkook turned to face him, "today, in the afternoon when we got out of the Great Hall.. you seemed quite distracted.." he said, "Yeah.. I was.. I was distracted by someone very beautiful... ah, that smile.. who was that?" Jungkook asked himself, "who?" Taehyung asked, "maybe a worker at that shop?" Jungkook asked instead. "Who, Your Majesty?" Taehyung asked again, "my fated one, maybe?" Jungkook said in a tone of a question stating he was unsure, flashing a toothy smile at him.

"What?" Taehyung asked looking a bit surprised as well as happy, "you found the one?"

"Maybe.." Jungkook replied.

To be continued....
_________________________________________