•Chapter 7 : The Lost Child•

Author's POV

That incident kept Jimin deprived of sleep that night. The words that the woman spoke kept going round and round inside his head but now he was in doubt, did he really talk to that woman or was it an hallucination? That was one of his issues, he used to hallucinate a lot back when he was a teenager, maybe an outcome of the trauma he got from the war....-

-But he felt her, she touched her head and her chin how can it not be real and if real than how did she disappear into thin air just like that?

"Even if we have a bond, how does it help keep "him" alive?" He questioned himself. "How can "I" keep his heart beating for him? Argh! I don't understand.." He yelled out placing his pillow over his face, "wait..." he moved the pillow aside and sat up on the bed, "does that mean? Did she just hint me about His Majesty's life being in danger?!" His eyes turned wide as he put his fingers upon his lips.

"Nope, no way, it's nothing. Don't overthink. Don't overthink! Idiot! Nothing will happen.. it's your first day at work tomorrow.. sleep.." he said and layed on the bed switching the bedside lamp off, forcing himself to stop thinking, which apparently didn't work but after a while of him quarelling with his messed up mind... he finally fell asleep.

Two days later.

Jungkook paced around his office room, with his hands locked behind him, one palm playing with the silver baoding balls in order to try and ease the severe stress he was in. Something was gravely wrong, he could feel it. Or maybe not, it was just the influence of the excessive stress, but, no matter how hard he tries he can't rid himself of it.

He doesn't know when England attacks them, he still doesn't have any idea about the unknown enemy that initiated a war nineteen years ago, even after so much of toil he put on it all these years, researching, and worst, he still had no offspring, there was no inheritor to the throne and unfortunately there was no one else that he could pass the throne onto if he happens to lose his life at this time.

"Your Majesty.." a buttery and sweet voice took him out of his thoughts making him smile and he has to admit that it was a better stress reliever than the baoding balls. "Yes, Secretary Park?" He asked with a smile as he turned towards him, getting mesmerized by the Omega's beauty in a simple beige coloured half trenchcoat over a white dress shirt and a pair of beige pants. Jimin bowed first and then spoke, "Queen mother wants to speak to you.." He said and Jungkook nodded, "and-" Jimin was about to speak again when, "-Jungkook!" A sharp female voice cut through.

Jungkook's brows quirked up as he shifted his gaze to look behind Jimin only to find Sooyeong standing by the door. "-and Ms. Cha has come to meet you." The smaller concluded his unfinished words, Jungkook looked at him, "seriously? Why didn't you-why didn't you tell me this first?" He asked in a whispered voice and Jimin's lips parted, "I am sorry Your Majesty.." he said with nervousness visible on his face, "no... no, it's okay... just next time.. give this information first, okay? So that I can... uh.. run away beforehand." He said in a more softer manner, not wanting to upset "his" Omega and Jimin nodded, bowing again.

"But.. do get me out of here, please." He whispered for the last time, before Sooyeong walked up towards them, "did you hear it?" She asked taking a look at Jimin once and then rolling her eyes, clearly showing how irritated she was to see another Omega around Jeongguk. "Hear what?" Jungkook asked, "Your mother decided to get us engaged soon." She said placing his hands on the desk and looking at the papers that were stacked up at one side. Jungkook blinked a few times and then slowly turned to look at Taehyung, who was standing like a stone statue at one side and he also happened to avoided his gaze, meant, he already knew about it and yet again, didn't tell anything. He frowned.