•Chapter 12 : As a couple•

Author's POV

"She committed suicide.." the whispers spoke, "jumped off of the 10th floor.. we saw it with our own eyes..."

A woman was crying loudly sitting on the cold ground near the pool of blood, while a blood covered, distorted body was being taken away by the ambulance. It was snowing. The weather was absolutely freezing, "she was pregnant.." A young girl spoke out.

○○○●○○○

Jungkook was driven out of his deep sleep. He slowly sat up on the bed. His heart was beating quite fast. He rubbed the sweat droplets that had formed, off of his forehead and turned to look outside the big glass windows to see that it was snowing outside. A knock at the door made him turn and soon he saw Captain Kim entering his room. "Good Morning, Your Majesty." He greeted with a bow.

Jungkook nodded at him with a small smile that disappeared as soon as it came, "Good Morning, Taehyung-ah."

When Taehyung looked up at the latter's face, he knew that it wasn't really a "good" morning for Jungkook. "Again?" He asked. Jungkook nodded his head. Taehyung sighed, "you suddenly drank too much yesterday.. Jimin said you were sad about something." Jungkook lowered his head, "I... don't remember what I said or did yesterday after I drank.." he said, he lied. "Jimin was really worried about you Kook.. I am worried about you too.. did Prime Minister Cha said something he shouldn't have..?" Taehyung asked.

Jungkook shook his head, "he was just going around with the same old Sooyeong conversation.. I tried to remind him something but.. I ended up reminding it to myself instead." He said. "I really don't understand why she didn't tell me, she was pregnant..?"

Taehyung's brows raised, was Jungkook actually talking about "that incident" after all these years? He didn't expect to here anything about it ever, but he was glad that the latter was finally sharing something rather then keeping it all to himself and suffering, "You mistakenly mated her Jungkook.. it was not out of love. The child wasn't, either. You never even saw her as your potential lover before that and she knew... maybe she was afraid of your rejection."

"I wouldn't have rejected her or the child, I would've never walked out on them, I would've been responsible for what I did. She knew that... she knew
me well, she still thought that way?... Or that too was because of Sooyeong?" Jungkook asked, "stop thinking about that, it happened 8 years ago... it's taking a toll on your health." Taehyung said. "Think about Jimin instead.. think about your future family..."

Jungkook nodded as he looked away aimlessly. Those words... didn't really reach his ears.

○○○●○○○

Later that Day.

"I spoke to Prime Minister Cha.. he was disappointed.." said Mrs. Jeon, "so, what can I do about it..?" Jungkook asked, "nothing.. I am just telling you. This is the fourth time in a row that they got rejected by us.." She said with a sigh, "anyways... I am planning a masquerade for this year's Winter Ball.."

Jungkook sighed, "that's your responsibility, make the arrangements however you like.. why engage me?" He asked, "you are the King, you are engaged in all of the royal activities whether you like it or not but I didn't call you to discuss about the ball.. I just want you and Jimin to be present there as a couple and not as the King and his Secretary.." she spoke in a very straight-forward manner.