•Chapter 4 : The King's secretary?•

Jimin's POV

Searching for jobs is the one thing I hate the most in my life now, worst than living in that tiny, wrecked, rented apartment of mine, among the spiders and the rats. At first I was really thrilled to submit my resumes, applying for jobs, because I was kind of confident that I would at least get selected for an interview but I got rejected, so many times now that I don't even remember. I am so helpless, it's not like I am totally broke but the money I earn is not enough. The cost of living is increasing day by day and I need a well paying proper job desperately.

Sure Jinnie hyung and Yoonie hyung helps me a lot but it doesn't feel right taking help from them again and again. I want a permanent job too, I want to utilize my degrees and years of hard work, but how? I get rejected every time, the only place that was left to search for a job, was the royal palace and that too for a house staff's post and I am getting a feeling that they would reject me as well.

Even though I am not being able to accept the fact that I applied for a house staff even after having a major in accountancy and so many other qualifications, but as they are useless, I had no other choice. I just wish I wasn't an Omega, then I would've gotten a well paying job in no time, I would've gotten respect, sigh. This is my last attempt, if I get rejected this time, I don't know what I'll do.

Author's POV

The Royal palace. 12 : 00 pm

Jungkook entered his mother's room to find her sitting in front of the table, sorting out some papers, "what are you doing?" He asked walking further in and taking a seat beside her, "just selecting some maids and butlers.." she answered taking a glance at him with a smile on her lips. Jungkook looked down at the papers with the personal information of some Omegas and Betas.

There was a small pile at the side which was probably the chosen ones, he reached for those and the paper on top caught his attention "Park Jimin" was written boldly, he quickly picked it up and checked and yes, it was the same Park Jimin, a small picture of the beautiful face was stuck to one corner and all his degrees were stapled along with the front page where his other personal informations were given.

Age 25, height 5'6, male Omega.

"Ma..?" he called not removing his eyes from the paper, "hm?" His mother replied looking at him, "he has better qualifications than Secretary Choi and you are thinking of appointing him as a house management staff?" He asked now looking at her and showing her the paper, "I know but what am I supposed to do, he sent his resume for the post. And Secretary Choi graduated university decades ago dear, few of these degrees didn't even exist back then." She said, she was still busy with her work but stopped and looked at the paper.

"I... actually selected this boy... for his name... it is similar to Minju's son's." She spoke again, the smile from her face completely gone now and she was looking at the picture with keen eyes. "Who is that?" Jungkook asked, "omo.. You don't remember Minju Ahjumma and Jiminie?... you were so fond of them though." She said.

"Former Military Captain, Mr. Park's wife and son?" Jungkook asked receiving a nod from his mother, "that's why the name is so familiar." He mumbled, once again reading the name "Park Jimin". "You and Jiminie, used to play together a lot. I don't know if you remember, but one time you went missing and after searching for almost an hour, we found you both in the garden sleeping next to each other on the grass." She chuckled and sighed right after. "What happened to him?" He asked, now starting to remember, "disappeared... tried finding him at first but everyone said he would probably be dead."

She chuckled bitterly, "I promised to protect him.. it was his mother's last wish, but I failed." It was clear to Jungkook that his mother was guilty that she was not able to keep the promise of her deceased friend.