Part 2

(Warning: this part contains hints of a sexual assault).

I was tidying up the mess in my trailer to leave for the day. It had been a whirlwind after breakfast that morning when Ben and I had told each other we loved one another. My heart still jumped when I thought about it.
Unfortunately, I had been working on Larry, Jim and Martha's caveman make up all day while Ben spent the day in the nice warm building screenwriting. Martha smirked at me for most of the time she was in the trailer, totally aware of what had happened last night (and this morning) thanks to Mat and his big mouth. She was a good enough person to know not to mention it in front of Larry and Jim though. Her knowing looks were enough for me to tell.

"Knock knock!" Mat opened the door to the trailer and came inside.
"Hey," I said, barely looking up from my packing. I wanted to leave as soon as I could, Ben had invited me to his tonight and I wanted to get home first to pack a bag. I didn't want to wear the same outfit three days in a row.
"Can I have a chat?" Mat said.
My heart sank. That's never a good opener.
"Sure, make it quick," I moved some boxes off of the make up chair and he sat down. I perched on the counter.
"I was wondering if you could do me a favour," He began.
"Oh god Mat, what?" I was pretty convinced it would be something sexual.
"Nothing like that, for gods sake woman, I'm not an animal!"
I giggled. "Go on then, what?"
"So you know I have been feeling like a huge third wheel?" He began, "Please will you and Ben come out clubbing with me tonight, I need to meet a girl so I'm not hanging out with couples all the time!" He seemed desperate.
I sighed, "Oh Mat, no, Ben and I are having a night in tonight. I'm pretty sure I'm still drunk from last night too." I massaged the bridge of my nose.
"Great, won't have to spend so much on drinks!" Mat said.
I looked at him, unamused.
"Oh please, come on. After all you've put me through. Abandoning me, kicking me out, opting for the manlier one-" he put his hands together like he was begging.
"Urgh, fine! But only for one drink. We're not staying long."
"Yeah, yeah, I get it, all the sex to have," he rambled. I blushed, though I've got no idea why after all that happened last night. "Thanks though, get a taxi and pick me up. See you then!" And with that, Mat was gone.
I sighed, I really did want to finally be alone with Ben, why did Mat keep getting in the way? I guess they're best friends. Ben won't mind.

***

"What?!" Ben moaned as he drove us back to his. I'd packed a bag while he waited for me outside in the car. Then I decided to tell him about going out with Mat. "We were supposed to be having a night in."
"I know," I said, "I didn't want to go either. He said it would just be for one drink. And he guilt-tripped me about making him a third wheel. Anyway, the sooner we find him a girl and send him off with her, the sooner we can finally be alone." I reached over and rubbed Ben's thigh.
He smirked at me with a sideways glance, "We're alone now" he said, forgetting himself and leaning over for a kiss.
"Ben, you're driving."
"Oh, shit", he looked at the road again. I giggled, we were quiet for the rest of the journey and I bathed in my happiness.

***

Ben was waiting for me downstairs while I got dressed. He changed clothes in 0.2 seconds flat and still managed to look incredible. How was I going to match that?
Thankfully, I'd thought ahead and packed my 'going out-out' dress, a lot better than the jeans and top combo I wore last night. I was excited for Ben to see me dressed up properly. The dress was black satin and hugged all my curves, sitting just below my bum. I pulled it down a bit, worried that it might be too much. I tied up my hair into a neat bun to show the diamond chain spaghetti straps that detailed the dress. After slipping on my heels I made sure my make up was perfect, after all, imagine a make up artist getting her make up wrong! I sprayed myself with my favourite perfume, the same one that Ben enjoyed last night, and I was ready.
Ben didn't notice me walking down the stairs until I entered the hallway with the wooden floor. My heels clacked on the wood as I walked into the living room where Ben was sitting, fiddling with his watch. I tried not to do a 'ta-da' and fish for any compliments, so as soon as I walked in I said, "Ready to go?"
Ben looked up, his eyes widened as I felt his gaze travel over my whole body.
"Oh my god," was all he could say.
I giggled and walked over to him. He stood up, his eyes lingering on my chest for a second too long.
"Are you sure you don't want to stay in?" He gulped, "Because I really don't think I can share you with the world".
I tried to brush off his compliment as modestly as possible. Although having someone as hot as him compliment me made my body ache. I leaned into him to peck him on the lips when I felt his big hands trail around my waist, pulling me closer to him. I breathed him in.
"You smell incredible" I said softly.
"Weird compliment, but thank you", he chuckled. I smiled and grabbed his hand,
"Come on, that's the taxi".