Part 7

I felt a chill on me as I gradually roused from a deep sleep. Pulling the blanket under my chin, I fluttered open my eyes, taking a few moments to remember where I was.
The dank dawn struggled through the thick curtains and I could tell it was cloudy and raining outside. The raindrops made dreamy noises on the roof and I wondered how loud it was for Simon in the attic room.
Ben and I had turned away from one another in the night. I rolled over to be met with his bare back. Very gently, I ran my finger down his spine and drew tiny circles into his skin, finally rubbing my hand on his flesh. He felt warm and I wondered how. It took all my strength to stop from shivering in the cold February morning.
Ben stirred and slowly turned his body to face me. His eyes were still half asleep, his hair a mess, and he sighed as if not yet ready to move.
"Morning." He rumbled. I'd forgotten how sexy a morning voice he had.
"Hey." I replied, looking into his weary eyes.
He flashed a small smile, remembering where he was, and probably what had happened last night. The palm of his hand reached up to my cheek and he held it there for a while, trying to maintain eye contact but his eyelids dropping closed all too often.
"What time is it?" Ben eventually asked.
I poked my head up over him to look at the alarm clock on his bedside table.
"8:30" I said.
"Tea?" He replied, still with his eyes closed, which made me giggle.
"Yes please."

Ben took a deep breath in as if preparing himself to get up. He slowly dragged his body out from under the covers and towards the bedroom door. As he walked through the dimly lit room I admired him in just his boxers. I could hear no other sounds in the house so assumed everyone else was asleep, not that Ben seemed too bothered about potentially meeting everyone in the hallway just in his boxers.
I sat up in Martha's spare room's bed and breathed in with a smile. Last night had started out questionable, but ended perfectly. Thank god everyone was nice, not that I expected anything less. I suppose I worried about them judging me if they ever found out about the first night with Ben and Mat. I was still pretty convinced Mat had told Martha, but was unsure whether the others knew, or whether they would ever know.

Ben seemed to be taking a long time downstairs so I decided to go and find him, getting bored of sitting in bed. I peeled myself away from the blankets and crept slowly out of the door and across the hall. My bare feet trying not to meet any creaky floorboards. Each step downstairs clicked and squeaked under me, it was torture, I eventually ended up hopping over the last three steps to land with a bare foot slap on the wooden floor. With great caution, I stuck my head through the gap in the living room door which had been left open, Mat snoring on one sofa, Jim curled up on another and Larry still, amazingly, passed out in the armchair.
When I turned into the kitchen at the back of the house I had to stifle a laugh. Ben was stood, arms folded, leaning back against the kitchen worktop with his head slumped and his eyes closed. I cleared my throat to get his attention.
"Hmm?" Was all he said, looking up at my smiling face.
He was still groggy and not very talkative. His arms opened wide to summon me into a hug. I happily obliged, wrapping my cold hands around his warm body, resting my head on his chest. He perched his head on top of mine and gently rocked me from side to side. It was comforting, familiar and perfect.
We stayed like that for a long time after the kettle had finished boiling. I looked up at him, noticing he seemed more awake now.
Lingering, my lips were just inches away from his, I could feel his breath on them. I shifted myself up onto my tiptoes causing our lips to meet. Very slowly at first, we kissed with passion but one at a time, parting from one another and then falling back into it. Between kisses, Ben looked at me and smiled, he looked relaxed, happy. I wanted to make him the happiest man on earth.
I removed my hands from around him and brought them to his neck, using his shoulders to hoist myself up even more. My kiss became deeper, he moaned slightly and I could taste beer on his breath from last night. That taste drove me to become more desperate for him, the smell and intoxicating taste of a man, not a boy like I'd had before.
Suddenly, I became aware that Ben was stood in the kitchen in just his boxers, and I was just in pants and his t shirt. The thought was quickly set aside though as I felt Ben's hands wander down my waist to my bum. His fingers carefully plucked at the hem of his own t shirt that covered me. He lifted it up just enough to give him access to underneath it, squeezing my bum and making me jolt slightly with surprise.
He realised what he'd done and chuckled into my mouth, I smiled to let him know it was very much appreciated.
My nails dug into the skin on the back of his neck, and Ben was quick to change the way we desperately squashed our faces together, letting out a tiny breath when he brushed my lips and tilted my face, just the way he wanted, to press our lips together more firmly now. His tongue brushed against my bottom lip, and he felt me try to shuffle a little bit closer to him, widening his stance and letting me stand between his legs. He hitched his hand firmly against my bum to help our chests meld together, making me feel secure in his hold.