Part 5

Last night had been, hands down, the best night of my life. Looking a myself in the mirror, I couldn't help but smile, wondering if I would ever be able to shake this stupid grin I now seemed to wear permanently.

Unfortunately, it was only Tuesday and I was up super early to get to work on time for an early morning shoot. Today, they were filming a song and that always took forever to get right. The light had to be perfect and in the winter the days just weren't long enough. I never felt bitter about having to go to work: I loved my job, but today all I wanted to do was stay in bed just a bit longer with Ben. We had come back to his place last night and, well, didn't get much sleep. I felt, and looked, exhausted but I didn't even care. Every second with him was worth it.

As I brushed my teeth I heard a stirring coming from the bedroom. Ben and I had to be in work at the same time but I thought I'd give him a bit longer in bed. After all, he didn't need to do anything except get dressed. There are make-up artists expectations and I couldn't be seen dead in work without a full face on. I applied my mascara as the last stage of my make up and checked myself in the mirror. Turning to go back to the bedroom to get dressed, I opened the bathroom door and stepped back into darkness. As I stepped forward I stood on someone's foot.
"Fuck!" I called out, still in a slight whisper as I immediately realised Ben was standing in front of me. "What are you doing? You scared the shit out of me!" I said, my eyes adjusting to see his silhouette.
"Sorry, I was just getting up to use the bathroom and then I realised you were in there!" He laughed slightly, adding a melodramatic "Ow!" referring to his foot I'd stood on.
In the darkness, I reached up to him to feel where he was. My hands grabbed the tops of his arms, squeezing slightly as I thought, 'have his biceps always felt this good?' They made their way to his bare shoulders and behind his neck, pulling him down to me. Our lips found each other in the pitch black, and it's true what they say about senses becoming more heightened in the dark. I could smell his aftershave still lingering from last night, still gorgeous and mixed with his own manly scent. His soft skin on the tips of my fingers which sneaked up into his hair. His hands causing shivers on my lower back and waist where he eventually rested them, pulling me closer and up towards him, forcing me to my tip toes. I could hear his breathing as he slowly exhaled, like a drawn-out sigh, into the kiss. A slight moan on my part escaped me, causing him to smirk ever so slightly into my mouth.

"Morning," he said softy as he pulled away, resting his forehead on mine. I giggled and dreaded having to leave his embrace.
"We'd better hurry up. People will start talking." I said.
"I think they already are." He replied, looking guilty and remembering the stunt he'd pulled yesterday. God, I'd forgotten about that. At least now, I thought, we didn't have to hide something I didn't have a name for. I'd described it to Louise as a 'fling', but now we can say we are together. He's my boyfriend.
"Let them talk, I don't care, I've got a hot boyfriend." I grinned in the dark and I heard him chuckle softly. One last peck told me it was time to actually get a move on now, we couldn't stay like this all day, unfortunately.

We got ready as dawn broke through the dark clouds and left together, Ben still drinking his tea as I rushed him out the door. Not much was said on the way to work, but knowing and encouraging glances were passed back and forth as I rested my hand on his thigh most of the way. I exhaled a deep breath as we parked up, unintentionally indicating my anxiety.
"You okay?" Ben said, turning to me and placing a hand on mine which was on my lap.
"Yeah, just worried. What is everyone going to think? What about the directors? This doesn't make me look very professional." I spoke so quickly, I'm surprised he understood what I was saying.
"Forget everyone else. Like I told you before, we kept you on for such a long time because you're incredible at your job and everyone loves you." He paused to make sure I was listening, I looked up at him to show I was. "I promise, it'll be okay. And if anyone says anything Mat and I will beat them up."
I furrowed my brows at him, confused and doubtful.
"Okay, maybe I'll get Martha." He concluded. We both laughed. "I love you."
"I love you too," I said before leaning over to kiss him. The kiss was short but passionate and reassuring.
I took another deep breath and we stepped out of the car. We didn't hold hands this time, mutually and without discussing it, deciding not to milk it.
"I'll see you later." I said, looking up at him to be met by a handsome smile.
"Have a good day." He replied as we parted ways. I veered off to make my way to my trailer.
Putting the key in the lock, the handle wouldn't turn. Oh fuck, did I forget to lock it last night? The door swung open and I stepped inside, hoping nothing had been touched.