Chapter 9

-DEMON-

Francine's POV

It's been a week since that incident at the beach happened and until now, I haven't seen Thorn. I heard that he's spending his time in his friends house. It's not that I care, I'm just curious and besides, I'm still angry at him. How could he utter those disheartening words towards me. I know that he hates us but to say those things in front of my face...I just can't take it.

He just destroyed the little confidence I have with how I look. I mean, I know that I'm not beautiful at all and I'm an old fashioned person but at least I've learned how to love myself but now, it's like I'm going back in the past.
My classmates used to bully me back then when I'm in grade school because of my appearance. My childhood memory isn't that good. I'm a fat kid back then and they bully me for that, I also have a crush when I'm in highschool but he rejected me because my appearance didn't improved, there are times that they will trip me and I always ended up landing on my face. Sometimes they will call me ugly names that I don't want to remember. It was just too much and after that I started to make improvements about my body, I started loving it and then I learned how to diet and live a healthy lifestyle. Now I'm not that fat anymore, I'm still a bit chubby but I guess I look good..not until Thorn told me I was ugly.

I spent my night crying after that incident then the next morning I didn't went out my room. My mom would knock on my door but I just kept ignoring her.

Thorn is a demon..I know he hates me and I hated him too. If he doesn't want me around then the feeling's mutual.

"Honey?", My mom called out after knocking on my door. I sighed deeply then gets up walking towards the bathroom to check myself.

My eyes looks so tired and I have a dark circles around my eyes like a panda from being sleepless ,but panda looks cute and I'm the opposite, my throat feels so dry due to crying, my lips are chapped too and my hair looks like a birds nest. I look like a total shit right now.

Walking towards my door, I simply brushed my fingers on my hair to fixed it even if it didn't helped at all.

"Hey Mom." I beamed while smiling widely and brightly as I can as she stood there confused. She's wearing a blue dress and her short hair is styled in a gorgeous way. She looks like she's going somewhere.

"Francine honey, why are you isolating yourself inside your room? You haven't gone out since you went back from the party. Tell me what happened." I tried to act normal as I opened the door widely then went back to my bed, sitting there.

She followed me then sat beside me as she took my hand in hers gently caressing it. "Mom, what are you talking about? I wasn't isolating myself here..I-I just happen to found out a good movie that has a lot of episodes that's why I don't go out."

"You're my daughter, I know when something's bothering you, so just tell me..you know I'm always here for you to listen." She smiled at me sweetly then caressed my right cheek, her warm hand sent a feeling of happiness inside me. I really love my mother, ever since my dad abandoned us and run away with his mistress, my mom stayed with me..she never had the thought of abandoning me. She took care of me and made me feel whole. She was like a mother and a father to me, she's two in one and she's amazing.

"Mom..don't worry, I assure you that I'm alright and I'm saying the truth mom." ..well half of it was true, I really did found a movie and I used it to forget Thorn's words but unfortunately I haven't forgotten them.

"Okay..I believed you, but if something bothers you or if something happened don't hesitate to tell me, I love you Francine.. you're my one and only daughter and you know that." She hugged me in between her arms with so much tender and love and I can't helped but to smile and hugged her back with the same feelings.

"I know Mom, and I love you too."
After a moment we pulled away and she went out my room after telling me that I should go down for breakfast.

I took a quick shower then after that I sat down on my bed while combing my dark chocolate long hair that almost reached under my butt, I treasure my hair the most..I never dyed it or used any hair chemicals on it, I just love how it's naturally straight and wavy on the end, my mom said that I got my hair from my late grandmother.

After I finished drying and combing my hair I went to my closet and picked a grey loose t-shirt that has a printed white cat in front and I paired it with a tight blue ripped jeans then I wore my peach colored flat shoes.
Sally, my one and only best friend told me that I looked great in jeans so I always wear them. I trust her taste because she's the fashionista one but sadly, after our graduation..she and her family migrated in other country and we lost contact with each other after that. It's really sad but I can't do anything about it, she has her own life and so do I.
I'm happy that I met her tho, she was like my knight in shining armor when I used to get bullied, but instead of an armor, she wore a pink girly dress.

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

As I was getting closer to the kitchen, I saw a man in his gray shirt that hugged his body, his back is facing me and by the look of it..I think I know who he is until he spoke which confirmed my thought.

Thorn..

What is he doing here!? I thought he's staying at one of his friends house so why is he here?

Now..how will I face this demon who hurt me?..