Chapter 38

-THE PERSON ON THE OTHER LINE-

Francine's POV

My heart is beating so fast as the silence inside the car drove me crazy, it's killing me. Grayson is gripping the steering wheel so hard to the point that his knuckles turned white and pale. He's never been this angry to me. I know it's my fault but does Thorn even have to say that in front of them?

"What happened?" I can clearly hear the anger and coldness of his voice. I gulped. Hard.

"I..I told you already." I know I'm lying but what can I do? I can't just say to him 'I gave myself to him and I love him.' I can't.. I can't hurt this man beside me. I'm going to fix this mess that I've done. I don't know on what way but I will fix this. I hope I can..

"Really?" He asked, stopping the car after he parked it expertly. I didn't even noticed that we've already reached home.

Swallowing hard, I nodded and spoke, "Yes.."
What did I do? This is so messed up. I shouldn't have said 'yes' to them in the first place. Maybe, if I didn't accepted their invitation, this won't happen.

Regret is truly in the end. But, did I even regretted what happened between us?

"Okay.. let's go inside then." He nodded his head, his eyes never looked at me as he opened the car door then walked towards the door, leaving me inside the car.

There's so many things that happened in just one day and I couldn't do anything to prevent it. Instead, I let it all happen. Why? Because I love him. The love I have for him is different from the love I have for Gray. It's so different and much stronger. But, I can't hurt Gray..I just can't leave him. He's my boyfriend, I'm gonna do everything I can to avoid Thorn. I'm really gonna fix this and I hope I'll succeed.

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

We reached the house by night and now it's morning, a new chapter of my life.

Reaching the annoying alarm clock on my nightstand, I turned it off as I sit up, stretching my arms in the air as I yawned. It's morning already.

I looked around and the visions of the scene that happened yesterday flashed before me. I can't seem to forget them all. Shaking my head to remove the memories even though I can't, I decided to get up and start my morning routine.

After spending a long period of time at the bathroom, I decided to get up from he bathtub. Wrapping myself with my white towel, I stepped out of it as I walked out from the bathroom.

As I walked passed my mirror, I stopped. My eyes caught something as I hurriedly took a closer look of it and a loud gasped escaped my mouth. Oh my God! Why did he have to put this on me!?

My chest are covered with red marks, some of them have turned a bit purple and as I turned around, I found another one on my shoulder and it looks like a bite. There's one on my neck too, I'm lucky enough that Grayson didn't see it. Thankfully, my hair is long enough and it covered the mark yesterday.

"Gosh.." I muttered under my breath as I huffed before finding some clothes that will literally cover them up so that no one can see them and as I let my towel down, another red mark is placed on my inner thigh near my private part as I found another two, settled on my abdomen. I'm gonna kill that guy if I see him but I have to avoid him so how can I kill him? Argh now I'm going crazy and frustrated.

In the end, I picked a dirty white oversized sweater that covered my shoulders and for my neck, I let my hair down, carefully to cover the mark on my neck as I wore a black shorts that has a lace like cloth at the hem, enough to cover the mark on my inner thigh.