Chapter 44

-THAT'S HIM-

Francine's POV

Since the day Grayson acted like that, I started to distance myself. He would call me to eat dinners and some other things but I simply refused, always. After what happen, I don't think I can look at him like before. That guy on that night isn't him. He's not Grayson because the look in his eyes were so dark and cold.

I've never seen Thorn too because I don't go out that much on my room but today, I guess I have to face Gray and I hope that he won't be like last time.

[Please sweetie, I know it's all of a sudden but I need you to tell him. His grandfather is ill so I have to fly there and take care of him. I closed the cafe too because I know there's no one who can manage it for now.] Gray's grandmother, Catarina Duncan is on the other line. Sighing deeply, I nodded as if she can see me before pursing my lips.

"Okay Grandma, I'll tell him. Don't worry." I assured her as she lets out a heavy sigh.

[Thanks sweetie. I've been calling him since this morning but he's not answering my call tho.] She wondered as I heard another deep sigh from her. I know that she feels worried because Grayson is her grandchild. Now, I'm wondering why Grayson doesn't answer her calls.

"I..don't know, but don't worry I'll tell him." I cheered her up as she chuckled on the other line before saying her 'goodbyes' and 'take care' to me.

Ending the call, I stared at my ceiling before putting my phone back on my nightstand. I got up from my bed then fixed my ruffled clothes as I brushed my messy hair as well. I look like shit to be honest, I tried so hard to sleep but I can't.. I'm scared of him. I'm a bit upset at Thorn too. He didn't even checked up on me. I wanted to sulk but I can't for now, not with this situation I'm in. Now, I can't help but to wonder where is Thorn.

After debating with myself on whether to go downstairs or just stay here. I ended up going downstairs, I can't break my word with Grandma, she's been good to me and she treated me like her own daughter so I should at least do this little favor of her to me.

Looking around, I found nothing. Grayson isn't around or maybe he's on the kitchen. Taking a deep breath, I walked silently towards the kitchen and my instinct didn't failed me. He's really here and... He's talking to someone over the phone. Grayson's back is facing me as his other hand is on his pocket.

I went closer a bit but not enough for him to notice my presence and I began to eavesdropped.

"Can you shut the fuck up!?" He growled to the person on the other line as I flinched. I've never heard that tone from him before. Is he always like these when I'm not around?

"Okay fine.. I'll come there, damn. Just wait for me.." he paused as he moved. With heart beating loudly, I managed to scurried away from him before he could see me as I saw his lips moved and muttered words that I didn't understand. I hid myself on the other side of the kitchen wall as I heard his footsteps goes near my hiding place.

I quickly went out and acted like I wasn't hiding as he stopped on his tracks with his phone on his hand. He looked at me surprisingly shock but then he recovered and smiled at me instead. Okay Francine, don't be scared. Pull yourself together and tell him what his grandmother told you and we're done so you can go upstairs and locked up again.

After a moment of an awkward staring contest. He finally spoked stiffly, "Francine?" He's not even calling me munchkin anymore.

"U-uhm..hey," my voice shakes as I swallowed hard then proceeded to what I'm gonna say, "so uhm.. your grandm-"