Chapter 45

-UNEXPECTED VISITOR-

Thorn's POV

"Where's Carla?" I asked the owner of the closing bar. There's only two local bar in our area and this one is already closing because rumours says that it's already bankrupted while the other one has been newly opened.

"Oh she's already working at the newly opened bar. Why? You need something from her?" He asked as I nodded my head before saying my 'thanks' to him as I went out of the place. I really need something from her.

It's been two weeks since the bar opened and almost all the workers on that bar went there to find another job.

Entering the newly opened bar, I was greeted by flashing lights and different noises of high peoples. The place is reeking on alcohol and smoke. Damn, this place is sure lively.

Looking around, I found different type of peoples that doing their own businesses, some are making out on the corner and even on the dance floor while others gets high and drunk. These peoples sure are enjoying their lives.

I walked in between the crowd to get to the bar counter as I found the girl who I've been looking for. Her short curly hair is still bright red, she's wearing a black leather crop top and a blue checkered skirt. "Hey Carla." I greeted as I plopped down the stool, she looked at me in surprised and after recovering, she smiled at me seductively. "Can I help you with something, Thorn?" She asked as I smirked at her.

"Yes. But, can I get a shot of whiskey first?" She giggled at me before getting my order. Placing my glass of whiskey in front of me, I reached for it as I drank it all up without wasting any drop.

"So what is it sweetie pie?" She's smirking at me evilly while mixing some alcohol on a glass. I cleared my throat before moving on my seat, reaching for my back pocket where I kept my phone. I took it out.

"Carla, can you give me an information about this guy?" Carla looked at the picture which I showed to her using my phone. Her eyes are scanning it like a file while pursing her lips together. Come on, tell me what I want to hear.

"Oh that guy is been our regular customer on the bar I used to work to." She said while eyeing the picture on my phone. I put it down beside me on the counter as she took it by her hands.

"Regular customer? From when?" I asked as I ordered another glass of whiskey from her. Regular customer eh?

"Here you go," she put my glass of whiskey down in front of me as I drank it bottoms up. She leaned in, resting her elbows on the counter while her palms cupped both of her cheeks. "I'm not sure but, he's been a lot in our bar since three months ago I guess and he's still coming even here." I see. So he's been doing this shit to Francine even before I came back. I'm gonna kill the living daylight out of him.

"This girl, " I pointed the one who's clinging on him like a leech. "Is she always with him?"

"Oh Bettina? That's his girlfriend." Fuck!?

"Wait, girlfriend? You mean this girl is actually his girlfriend!?" I said emphasizing the word 'Girlfriend' to her. Carla just nodded her head before looking passed me. What she looking at?

Looking at my back, I saw two people entered the bar as I nearly fell down my chair. Shit, they're here.

"I gotta go," I stood up as I put back my phone inside my pocket.

"Huh? Why so early–"

"Carla, don't tell anyone about the things that I asked to you. Can I trust you on that?" I asked as she nodded at me and raised her right hand while her left hand drew a crossed pattern on her chest using her index finger.