Chapter 26

-AWAY-

Kyle's POV

We hadn't seen Thorn for like a hundred years. Kidding, but seriously he's not showing his face to us nowadays we even calls him but he ends the call, we've tried calling Francine but we can't reach her as well. I'm wondering what happened to them and I'm getting worried, I just hope that everything is alright.

"He picked up yet?" Chase, with a can of beer in his hand asked as I shook my head, lifting my phone for him to see the rejected call.

"As asual.."I paused before thinking, "what if, let's just drive our ass off his house? Great idea isn't it?"

"Yeah great idea," rolling his eyes on me before laughing, "why didn't you think of it earlier than wasting our time here calling him?"

"I wonder too." I smirked then fished out the keys in my pocket as Chase followed me after gulping down all of the remaining beer on his can.

Chase turned before he can reach the door that made me turn too, realizing Bruce isn't coming with us. "Hey man, you coming?" Chase asked.

"Dude as much as I wanted to come with you guys, I can't..not right now." His hands are placed on his head as his elbows are resting on his knees while he's looking down.

He seems like he's in a big trouble, I wonder what's wrong with him.

As if on a cue, Chase went back on the couch sitting next to him before speaking, "What's wrong Bruce?"

I just leaned on the door frame while looking at them, one hand on my pocket.
"Dude, my dad.. he arranged a dinner for me ..to meet my.. fiance." Damn, so that's the problem. I don't think people will like to marry someone that they don't even love or they know. In short, his father wants him to marry a stranger, that shit sucks.

"Do you know her?" I asked, fidgeting my keys on my fingers in the air waiting for his response.

"Obviously not, hell I don't even know her name nor her face or how old is she. My dad basically told me to just get to know her when I'm there. I'm so fucked up man I don't want to be married to a girl that I hardly know." Chase patted his shoulder gently rubbing it to calm him down as he exclaimed those words. This must've been really hard for him. I feel bad for him because he's my friend; best friend.

Bruce's father was a strict man.. me, Thorn and Chase even walked in a rough path just to be Bruce friend because of his father. He's a popular lawyer and his mother is working as a designer from a popular clothing brand. They're rich; like us. But, unlike him.. my parents are divorced, after my sister's death they never had the good relationship and they're always shouting and fighting the whole time, blaming each other for her death until they grew tired with each other and got divorced without even considering my feelings. I hated them for that but now I'm fine with it. I can survive on my own literally and I don't need them anymore, I can already stand up in my own feet, plus they already have their own family and I don't give a damn about them anymore. Thorn's case is another, he lost his parents; both of them and now he's alone so does Francine. That's why I'm worrying right now because we can't contact either one of them.

"Why don't you try and give them a chance? Who knows, it'll gonna bring good to you." This time Chase is the one who talked to him. I'm not good at advising about this matters because I don't know; I'm still a sucker at my first love. I never dared to approached her but I'm already planning to, I just hope that it will go well because if I fail, I'm sure I'm gonna burn my ass and give it up.

"I don't know bro, I'm gonna think about it." Bruce sighed heavily in defeat as he straightened his posture only to slouched on the chair. "I don't think I can come with you today guys, I'm really sorry..just smack Thorns head for me." And we laughed at his statement.