Chapter 41

-MY WIFE-

Francine's POV

Being with him inside his car is unexpected. I didn't even had the feeling that we'll meet today, in front of our parents grave. I want nothing to do with him anymore and yet here we are, inside his car..alone. It's as if the destiny is playing with us. The more I want to stay away from him, the more he comes closer to me. Why? Why is it so hard to let him in my life.. what's holding me back?

After the words that I said a while ago, silence began to eat the whole ride. None of us spoke. He's just driving silently beside me while looking at the endless road, not even giving me a single glance and I felt bad all of a sudden. I should be happy..right? But I'm not.. I don't feel happy at all. Instead, I want to take back all the words that came out my mouth. I want to regret that I told him those awful words but then again.. I can't.

Leaning my head on the window, I sighed deeply letting out all the frustration that I have inside. The view kinda calmed me down. Trees, tall green grasses and some houses are the only thing that flashed against my sight the whole ride. I'm somehow relieved.

"Are you okay?" All of a sudden, his deep voice filled the air as I felt cold shivers down my spine making me to look at him. He's not looking at me at all.

Gulping hard, I nodded my head as if he can see it then spoke slowly, "Yeah..I am, why?" I asked him back.

He shrugged his shoulders as he keep his focus on the road. I thought he won't gonna answer my question but he did. In my surprised, his eyes fell on me and the ride became slow. His icy cold eyes are piercing my soul and it's like taking it to another world  that only him, knows. "Nothing, you seemed bothered that's why I asked. Do you know? It's already your fifth time sighing deeply." I can't help but to gasped at his information. How did he know? I thought he's not even paying attention at me.

I opened my mouth but then closed it again, not really knowing what to say. I just stared back at his cold eyes as my heart started to beat rapidly. My palms started to tremble so does my whole body, I'm shivering and I know it's not because of the air conditioner of his car. I'm shivering because his eyes are looking at me so intensely. If his look could melt then I'm already lying on the ground like an ice cream, slowly melting because of him.

"I.. uhm..uh.." I tried forming words but I can't, it's like my tongue has been knotted inside my mouth and the words are stuck inside my throat. My God, what's happening to me? I know alphabets but I can't seem to find the right letter to compose the words that I want to say.

"Princess" he whispered. I didn't even know that he stopped the car already. Trying to ignore him, I managed to looked around my surroundings and I started to panic a bit. Gosh, I can't see anything but big trees and tall grasses.

"T-Thorn..what are we doing here??" I asked with my shaking voice. I looked at him in the eyes while breathing sharply, I felt my eyes are already heating up. I'm already on the verge of crying.

Thorn started to lean closer to me as I back away from him but then I was stopped by the door. Without breaking away from his eyes, I tried reaching the handle behind me and started to shook it forcefully while I'm silently praying that it isn't lock but, I failed. My lips started to quiver as my tears already escaped down my eyes. I can't breath, what is he doing?

"I.." he started as his jaw clenched tightly, his fist are firmly closed at the steering wheel while the other one is standing on my seat, supporting him. I was about to say something but he quickly pulled himself away from me as he punched the steering wheel so hard, it made a loud thud. I gasped.