Chapter 18: Bad News

Emily and I stood in her kitchen arguing over whether or not I should go get my back looked at again. We've been arguing since the pack left, leaving only her and I behind. She keeps insisting that I need to make sure there isn't any permanent damage that may not have been visible before, I finally picked up my phone and scrolled until I saw Carlisle's name. I hesitated before hitting the call button, I put it on speaker so that Emily could listen in. 

      He pick up after only two rings, "Hello?" 

      "Hi Carlisle, it's Cammy"

      "Oh Cammy, is everything okay dear?" 

      Emily spoke this time, "Carlisle, this is Sam's fiancee, Emily. Cammy's bruising on her back has gotten worse. I think she needs to be checked out again. I'm worried about her" 

      "Of course. If you come by the house Cammy I can give you another check up, we could also meet at the hospital if you are uncomfortable with coming here". 

      Emily looked up at me as I was thinking about what the pack would want me to do. They wouldn't want me to go alone but I want to see the Cullen's again. "I'll come over there. I can leave now and be there shortly if that works for you?" 

      "Yes we will see you then. Alice and Emmett will be very excited to see you again." 

      We said our goodbyes and then I hung up the phone. Emily had a slightly worried expression on her face, "Do you want me to go with you?". 

      I chuckled under my breath, "The pack only needs to be mad at one of us, I'll go by myself. Can I borrow the truck though? Katie and my dad both have their cars right now". She nodded, grabbing her keys off the counter and tossing them to me, "I can send one of the boys over if you want". 

      "That sounds like a terrible idea, if they ask where I am just tell them I went to the doctors. If they figure it out, let Paul come, but only under the condition that he can control his attitude while he is there". She nodded, knowing that Paul being around would be a terrible idea, but he would want to be there so that he can make sure that I am okay. I grabbed my purse, heading out to the truck that Emily and Sam share. 

      I twisted the key in the ignition, the truck coming to life with the loud sounds of the engine, slowly pulling out of the driveway. When I was off of the reservation, I sped on the freeway until I reached the hidden driveway. I drove slowly down the very narrow and curved driveway until it opened up to the large modern house. I pulled up in front of the garage, hoping that I wasn't blocking anyone's car if they needed to leave. 

      As I got out of the truck, Emmett opened up the door, "Cammy? Carlisle didn't tell me you were coming". I walked up the stairs, entering the house with him behind me, closing the door, "Holy shit, your back looks worse". 

      I turned to him, wincing a tiny bit at the pain, "That's why I am here Emmett. Where is Carlisle?". He nodded toward the stairs, as to tell me to follow him. We walked up the stairs and into a room filled with art and bookcases, it looked like it doubled for a den and a doctors office. Carlisle and Esme were sitting at the desk talking, turning to Emmett and I as we walked into the room. Carlisle stood up, "Hello Cammy. You said your back is worse now?", I didn't even answer I just turned around and let him observe it himself. "How about you lift your tank top up and we take a look at it, you can sit up here on the table". 

      He motioned towards the examination table that is identical to ones in hospitals. I took a seat, pulling my tank top over my head, covering my chest with it. Wearing a bra has been too painful so I didn't even bother to put one on, although I am kind of regretting it now that the room keeps getting more full with the Cullen's. Alice was the last one to join us, "Edward is with Bella, so don't worry about him".