Chapter 19: Check Up

The last couple weeks have been boring, Paul wouldn't let me go anywhere alone but I can't say that I mind being around him more and more. The pain is almost completely gone now and I am going to see Carlisle tonight at the Cullen house to see the progress of my healing. 

      I climbed out of bed this morning, hopping in the shower before putting on jeans, a white tank top, a gray sweater and white sneakers. It was another rainy day, but the only difference is that I found it calming. I've been feeling nervous about being back with Paul and what Carlisle is going to say about my ribs. I looked at the almost completely healed bruises before pulling the sweater over my shoulders.

      Paul had patrol until 8 am, so I told him to go home to sleep for a while and that I would meet him at Emily's when he woke up. A lot of our time has been spent at Emily's, I help her cook and bake while the pack is out patrolling or we finish up some planning for the wedding. She and Sam decided that they wanted to have the wedding on their property. The area between their house and the woods is big enough to have the ceremony and they are going to use their back yard for the reception. We worked out all of the details for how she wants everything to be set up and left some minor details for me to choose, but when it comes to the big day, she will not have to worry about anything except looking amazing and trying not to cry during the ceremony. 

      Katie just assumes that I am going to Emily's everyday and now that I've been here for long, she just lets me go. It's become our routine. I walked downstairs, to see Katie and Jackson watching a cartoon that was playing on the television. Jackson pointed at the show and laughed as Katie looked up to me, "Going to Emily's?" 

       I looked up to her as I grabbed my purse from the love seat, "Yeah, if that's okay?". She nodded her head as to say yes and then responded, "Yeah of course. Your dad and I love that you hang out with them, they are great influences. Have fun." 

      I hugged the two and gave my younger brother a kiss on top of his head before leaving the house. I pulled out my phone as I stepped out, to text Emily. She is being really protective since the run in with Victoria, she asked me to text her to let her know when I leave my house so she can either track the time or send one of the boys out. 

Cammy: I am leaving now, be there in a few. 

      Not even a minute into the walk, I was met with Jared emerging from the tree line. He pulled on his shirt as he caught up next to me, "You know you could wait up for me Cammy". We laughed as I slowed my pace so that our steps were in sync with each other. 

      Out of all of the boys, Jared is the one that I was never very close to but since he is Paul's best friend, we have been trying to get to know each other better. "How was your date with Kim last night?"

      I recalled the frantic call that I received from Kim last night, even after being together for so long, she still gets so nervous to be around him. It is always a good nervous of course, because she loves him. "It was really good, I took her to that Italian restaurant in Port Angeles and then we sat in the back of my truck and looked at the stars until I took her home", his smile grew on his face, probably recalling the events of last night. 

      I looked back down at my feet, wondering if Paul thinks this way about me. Does he talk about me like Jared talks about Kim? Is he ever going to love me as much as Emily and Sam love each other? I know that he says he loves me but after what happened I am a little afraid that maybe I'm not what Paul wants. 

      Jared pulled me out of my thoughts by poking my side, "Penny for your thoughts?"

      I sighed, debating if I should ask him or if I should just keep it in. "I guess I'm just worried, Jared. You and Kim are so happy and in love. Sam and Emily are about to get married. I just feel like Paul and I may never have what you all have. Sure I guess the ancestors believe that we were made for each other but I feel like maybe they were wrong. What if Paul doesn't actually feel anything towards me? What if he only feels anyway toward me because he feels like he has to?"